Sunday, December 29, 2013

What I got for Christmas 2013!


Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Years everyone!

I hope you all had a great holiday, whether you celebrate Christmas or not.  I had a wonderful Christmas spending time with my family and watching my niece and nephews open their gifts and being able to skype with brother who is over in South Korea. 

I have seen a lot of YouTube videos of what people got for Christmas and I love watching them so much, so I decided to do a blog post on what I got for Christmas.  I am not trying to brag in anyway or showoff, I just think it is fun to share with others what you got and what they got.  I would love to know what you got, so please leave a comment below telling me what you got for Christmas!

This year was a little bit different, in that my husband and I kind of picked out most of our gifts that we wanted.  That way, we know we got what we wanted and got the best deals.  We did throw in a few surprise gifts also.  

The first thing I got were these Vince Camuto Brunah Boots. I have been wanting to get a pair of black riding boots ever since I got my first pair of brown riding boots last year.  We got these on such an amazing deal (thanks to a good friend) and I could not be more excited about them!  They are great quality.  They are a really nice leather, great detailing and just beautiful overall.  They were a little bit snug around the calf area, so they are currently at Nordstrom being stretched.  After buying a few items from Nordstrom over the past year I have learned that they are a really great company with amazing customer service.  I would highly recommend buying from them.  They go above and beyond to make their customers happy. 


I also got the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette!  I actually picked this up the day it came out so I could use my $20 off coupon. I have been patiently waiting for 2 weeks to finally be able to use it and I could not be happier with it.  The colors are so beautiful, nothing less than I would expect from Urban Decay.  I know my husband probably would have gone out and gotten this for me because I was talking about it so much, but I was so paranoid that it was going to be sold out in stores that I went the day it came out.  

I also got some workout gear from my husband.  I always am in need of new workout clothes and I think he did pretty well with what he picked out.  I got this black Under Armour shirt, which I have already worn to workout, and some new Under Armour socks.  I am always in desperate need for socks.  I only like ankle socks and they have to match, so these are perfect.  There are actually three pairs, but I already wore a pair and they are dirty now.


The next two items I also picked up for him to give to me because they were on such a good deal I could not pass them up.  I grabbed the Gatsby movie on Black Friday for $4 at target.  This movie is so good, if you haven't seen it, I would highly recommend it.  I also picked up some jewelry, a necklace and some earrings, when it was on sale and I had some coupons to use (I have really gotten into couponing lately, I might do a post on it soon) so I got these both for less than the price of one.  


The last thing I got from my husband was a complete surprise, and it was this tablet! He thought I could use it for looking at recipes while cooking, since I am forever using my phone and having to keep unlocking it with sticky fingers.  I have already started playing with it, and it is so similar to my iPhone.  It is gong to be so handy to use for work and for cooking and a million other things!


I always get thoroughly spoiled by my parents every Christmas.  My mom always know what I like and what I want, though we often go shopping together and I point out things that I like but can't buy at the moment.  She listens well.  My dad also surprised me this year with a couple things when my mom is usually the one who does all of the shopping. 

First up, she got me another box of these handmade cards from Costco.  These are the best! I never have to go out and buy cards for anything and they are cuter than anything you can find at the store anyway.  You get a bunch of birthday cards for both kids and adults, thank you cards, sympathy cards, baby and wedding cards also. I make sure to get one of these boxes every year (she also bought me one last year).


Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy La Fleur!!!!! I have been wanting this perfume for over a year now and I finally have it! My mom is the best.  We actually spotted this at Kohls on black friday.  It was the only time I've seen it in this smaller bottle and it was on sale and they gave us a coupon and a free bag!! Wooooo!  This perfume smells amazing, a perfect blend of floral and sweet.  


My mom knows how much I love scarves and got me two this year, a really cute black and white abstract patterned circle scarf and a black and gold striped one. I think scarves are the easiest way to amp up any outfit.  You can never have too many. 


My mom knows my style so well and got me this really cute embellished cream colored sweater from Kohls.  The stones form a flower sort of.  I love it, you can never go wrong with a little bit of sparkle.  She also knew how much I wanted a faux leather jacked and this one is super cute.  I love the distressed look and the collar. 


My mom originally bought me a fleece pullover, but it didn't fit so we took it back and I exchanged it for this super cozy light tan blanket.  I really wanted one to throw over this chair and it is nice to curl up with and looks great in my living room. 

You know you're getting old when you get really excited about getting a hose for Christmas.  Have you guys seen the infomercial for the Pocket Hose?  I have wanted one ever since I first saw the commercial and some of my friends have them and say how much they love it.  My dad picked this up for my husband and myself and I was so ecstatic when we opened this up! I am such a dork.  I didn't take a photo, but my dad also bought my cat the Cats Meow as seen on TV toy.  I am sure you have all seen that commercial also, but its a stick that has a rubber tail that is connected to a motor that goes back and forth and around and the cat just loves it.  

The last couple gifts are from my sister-in-law.  She got me this super cute sweater with jeweled neckline from Old Navy. Unfortunately it wasn't the right size and they didn't have the right one in store so I had to return it and order in online.  It should be here in a couple days.  I love how it looks and I cannot wait to wear it.  She also got me a couple pairs of earrings from Old Navy as well.  There is a pair of blue sort of floral, some silver studs and a pair of silver tear drop dangle earrings.  She is knows me pretty darn well and I love everything!


Well, that is what I got for Christmas this year! I was pretty spoiled I think!  I love all of my gifts and are so thankful for everything and everyone in my life. I cannot wait for what is to come in the next year and I hope it is as amazing as this past year has been.  

Do you have any New Years resolutions?

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment