Saturday, December 7, 2013

November Favorites


Hello everyone!

I know I'm slightly late with the favorites post, but since daylight savings time, the hours of daylight are so limited.  I have a job, and we've been really busy lately, so by the time I get home and try to take some photos its already dark.  I don't like to take blog photos without natural light, they just don't look as good and the colors don't come out right.  I am going to try to take a bunch of photos this weekend to have on hand for posts throughout the week.

But, better late than never, I have the post for you today. I don't have too many new favorites this month, I have really been using mostly the same products, but there are a few things that I did want to share with you guys.




1.  Firstly, I have been LOVE LOVE LOVING the NARS Guy Bourdin palette.  Now, the reason I didn't haul this for you guys was because it was supposed to be a Christmas present to me from my Husband.  Long story short, I had also bought him something, we both wanted ours now and it was so far from Christmas that we decided to treat ourselves and just give them to each other. I really wanted to get the Danmari palette they came out with last year or the year before, but they are limited edition and there is no way I was spending over $100 on ebay for one.  The colors in this are so beautiful and look so good on the cheek. I have been using the bronzer, Laguna, everyday for a contour.  I switch it up between the four blushes, but those are all I have been using all month and the highlight is really pretty as well. 

2. Since it is pretty much winter here now and it is the season for holiday parties and gatherings, I have been wearing a red lip when I go out.  I have been loving this one in particular by Mirenesse in Flirty Kiss. It is such a gorgeous glossy, slightly deeper red.   I wore this on Thanksgiving from 3pm until 11pm.  This lasted all day long.  I touched up once around 5 because I wanted to make sure that it still looked even, but after 5, no touch-ups. This lip color lasted through Thanksgiving dinner and dessert and card games after.  I was completely shocked at how well it held up all day.  It wasn't super drying either, only when I was getting home around 10 did it feel slightly dry. 

3. I have also been loving this Urban Decay b6 Vitamin Infused Complexion Prep Spray. I have been spraying this all over my face after I moisturize in the morning.  I think it does really well at absorbing oil and reducing the little redness I have.

4 & 5.  On to hair products.  I have been loving the combination of the Aveda Phomollient Styling Foam and the Volumizing Tonic.  My hair is really dull because I color it and it is naturally very fine and flat, so these two products give my hair some serious shine and a little bit of extra volume.  

6.  And the last product is a hairspray.  I am not sure if I mentioned this in a previous favorites post when I got the sample of it, but the Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play Volumizing Hairspray is amazing.  A few sprays, tousle a little and you have got hair that will last all day and has that extra volume.  I love this stuff.

Those are the products I have been loving for the month of November.  I hope you guys enjoyed.

What have you been loving?

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment