Saturday, December 14, 2013

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation - Review & Photos


Hello there!

I have a pretty exciting post today, all about the Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation that I have been trying out for the last couple weeks.  I decided to pick this up because I was wanting to try out a new foundation and had always been interested in this one.  It seemed like it would be light to medium coverage, kind of dewy and an overall natural finish, which is really all the things I look for in a foundation.  

I don't have terrible skin, so I really only want to even it out a bit and cancel about the little bit of redness on my cheeks. 

Lets get to my thoughts and results...


Firstly,the price of the foundation is $39 wherever you go, whether Urbandecay.comsephora.com or Ulta.com.  They do offer a kit at Sephora for $49 that includes the foundation (in whatever shade you choose in store, online it looks like you can only choose between 4 shades), a mini B6 Vitamin Infused Complexion Prep Spray and a mini Naked Skin Beauty Balm.  They offer 18 different shades that vary between rosy undertones and golden undertones. 

Second, I love the packaging.  I think it looks very sleek and modern and the fact that it has a pump is an A+ in my book.  The bottle itself is glass, which always feels a little bit more upscale to me, and the lid/top is some kind of metal, which keeps it hygienic and easy to clean. 



 I was color matched to the shade 4.0, which is actually quite perfect for me.  I always like to go a little bit yellow in my foundations so that any redness that I have is not made more prominent by a pink toned foundation.  

The foundation itself claims the following:  "Coverage without compromise. Our weightless formula blurs imperfections for a flawless finish that feels invisible, but looks professionally retouched."

I knew the minute that I used this foundation that I was going to love it.  It felt very similar to the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation that I have previously used and loved.  It is a slight sent to it, but its actually quite nice and doesn't bother me at all.  This is a liquid foundation, so you have to shake it before dispensing any out for the color to be completely mixed up. 

I have tried applying it with both the Beauty Blender and the Real Techniques Buffing Brush.  They both work quite well, but I have been favoring the buffing brush.  I think it does a really great job at distributing the foundation evenly and it doesn't absorb as much of the foundation, so I'm using a little less than when I use the Beauty Blender. 

The foundation is definitely a favorite right now.  It is a medium coverage foundation, it definitely evens out my skin tone and covers up most of what I need it to.  If you need extra coverage, I do think this is buildable.  It is such a smooth foundation and feels so amazing on the skin, almost like you aren't wearing any at all.  I think my skin looks pretty much flawless when wearing this, it definitely gives me more confidence knowing that my skin looks so great.  Another great quality is that I have never noticed it oxidizing at all throughout the day and this foundation wears really well all day also.  I never notice any spots that the foundation has come off.  I am not oily skinned, so I cannot tell you whether or not it would be great for that skin type, however, if you are normal to dry skin, this foundation is really great.  It isn't quite matte, but it's not super dewy, it's kind of right in the middle. I do think that it does all that they state in the description of the foundation.

If you are looking for a full coverage foundation, I am not sure if this one would be for you.  While I do think that coverage is buildable, this does let a little of your skin show through to give it that more natural finish. 

I have taken some photos before and after using the foundation so you can see how well it really works. (excuse the messy hair, it was early in the morning before I had done it)

No makeup 
Just Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation

Full Makeup
Overall, I give this foundation two thumbs up. I really really love it and will probably repurchase this when it is completely used up.  I feel like this would be a great foundation for me for all seasons. 

I hope you all found this helpful and informative.

What is your favorite foundation?

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment