Tuesday, February 5, 2013

January Favorites!

Hello everyone!


I'm a few days late on the favorites blog, but it was a really busy weekend.  It's better late than never right? Well, I have quite a few products that I have been loving this month and I cannot wait to share them with you.  Some are new, some are oldies but goodies. So lets get right to it!

Okay, to start it off with skin/body care, I have been loving the Soap & Glory Clean On Me body wash.  This smells so amazing (the Soap & Glory scent) and just feels really good on my skin.  I have been using this with exfoliating gloves.  I got a little mini bottle of this in a kit for Christmas. 
Check me out on Sephora.com
My next skin care favorite is the Yes to Grapefruit Brightening Facial Towelette.  I picked these up on a whim when I was at Ulta about a month or so ago.  These were out on an end cap because they were new.  They smell amazing! If you like the smell of grapefruit, you will love these.  I actually think I like these better than the Yes to Cucumber makeup wipes.  These ones seemed to be a little more wet and just got more of my makeup off.  They would be great to use as a refresher in the morning to really wake up your skin. 
Check me out on Ulta.com
 My last skin care favorite of the month has been my Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter. I bought this last spring because I have really bad cuticles.  They are super dry and its just not pretty.  But I have been using this every night before bed on my feet, knees, elbows and hands.  I have really noticed a difference when using this super thick and moisturizing butter every night.  Oh, and if you are wondering why mine looks so mangled, my dog decided to try and eat it one day while I was at work.  He never got into the product, but now it looks ridiculous and the lid won't close properly.  I will probably have to just go buy a new one soon if this one starts to dry out. 

Check me out on Lushusa.com
 Next, I have a couple of tools that have just completely changed my makeup routine.  First is the Tarte eyelash curler.  I got this as a gift for Christmas and wow was I in need for a new and higher end curler.  This curls my lashes WAY better than my Revlon eyelash curler (I threw it in the trash).  My lashes look so much longer and fuller now. 
Check me out on Sephora.com
My second favorite tool of the month is the BeautyBlender! I have been hearing people rave about this and I had picked up the Ulta and Sonia Kashuk dupes to try out, but wow, they are NOTHING like the real thing.  This little sponge is amazing.  There are tons of videos with reviews and tutorials to check out if you are thinking of buying one (and I would definitely recommend you do!).  My foundation goes on so flawless with this and it looks very natural and glowing.  I have been using it every day since I bought it.  
Check me out on Sephora.com
For my actual makeup favorites, my first is the Benefit "that gal" brightening face primer. I got this in a mini's set for Christmas and I have just been loving it.  The first day I wore it, I got compliments that my face was glowing (no I am not pregnant). I like that it doesn't really leave a residue after you rub in into your skin and it seems to make my foundation stay put all day.
Check me out on Sephora.com
My next favorite is a new foundation! I have been loving the new Revlon Nearly Naked foundation.  It has such a light and natural finish. It is light to medium coverage, but definitely can be built up. This, paired with the beauty blender gives me the perfect amount of coverage I am looking for.  When I buy foundation, I usually go towards the neutral colors because I do have some redness to my skin and I don't want to add anymore by putting on a foundation with pink undertones. 
Check me out on Ulta.com
I also have a new concealer favorite and it is the Maybelline Fit Me concealer in Light.  I. Love. This.  It covers so well, is really creamy and not sticky or cakey. 
Check me out on Ulta.com
Of course I could not do my January Favorites without mentioning the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette.  I have been using this like crazy since Christmas.  I love the variety I can get when I use this with the Naked or Naked 2 palette.  The formula is of course great, very silky and great for blending. 
Check me out on Sephora.com
My lip favorite for the month has been the Maybelline Color Whispers. These go on so smooth and feel really great on the lip.  They are very hydrating and have a great variety of colors.  I have picked up a few more of these since I first bought them.
Check me out on Ulta.com
And my last favorite of the month is a new mascara that I got for Christmas and it is the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! mascara.  I do like to wipe a little of the mascara off of the brush before I put on a second boat so isn't clumpy. This mascara makes my lashes look super long and black. 
Check me out on Sephora.com

And there we have it, my very long list of favorites for January.  I cannot wait to share my February favorites with you at the end of this month.  I have been having a ton of fun trying out new products and finding ones I like and ones I don't.  

What were your favorites for January?

XOXO
Kristen


No comments:

Post a Comment