Monday, February 18, 2013

February Birchbox!

Hello there!

It's time again for my monthly Birchbox post! I was pretty excited for this months box as it is themed "Red Carpet Ready" and I must say, I am not disappointed. 

So, like I said before, this months theme is Red Carpet Ready, which is the same theme as this months Ipsy bag as well.  So they are giving us some products that are worthy of the red carpet.

First up, Dermablend Professional Smooth Indulgence Concealer. Trust the good doctor: This velvety concealer masks flaws without triggering breakouts.  Plus, it's smudge-proof and lasts up to 16 hours.  Wowza, that is quite a statement for a concealer.  I am pretty excited about this, not only that it is a makeup product, but the size of this! This a full-size product ladies! Birchbox does not often give out full-size products and lets just say I'm a little excited.  The box says that it is medium coverage and also has SPF 20, which is great. It is also a good color for me since I have been self tanning (Almond). It feels very creamy and silky. 
Full-size, $22.00
Sample worth, $22.00
Check it out on Birchbox.com
Next up is the Beauty Protector - Protect & Detangle.  Great for all hair types, this nourishing elixir performs seven hair-healing functions.  Among them: locking in color, adding shine, and instantly detangling.  I have used this once so far and it smells like coconut, which I love.  It says that it protects from UV damage, seals cuticle, smoothes hair, locks in color, adds shine, weightless, non-greasy and conditions.  I will definitely be using this and seeing if it actually does all of these things. When I first used it, it definitely did detangle and add shine. 
Full-size, $21.95
Sample worth, $2.74
Check it out on Birchbox.com
After watching the February sneak peak video on YouTube, I was so hoping I would get this so I could try it out.  I got the Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips. Discover a European cult beauty secret.  This ultrahydrating multipurpose balm and lip gloss was originally formulated for nursing moms! Now it's a makeup artist fave.  I have such dry lips that I am hoping this really helps hydrate and heal them. 
Full-size, $14.50
Sample worth, $2.90
Check it out on Birchbox.com
Up next is the new Juicy Couture - Couture La La. Roll out the red carpet for this new scent, a stunning mix of mandarin, red currant, lily, and orange blossom.  I am someone who doesn't mind getting perfume samples in my subscription boxes. I like to try out new scents and it's nice to have something that you can throw in your purse and have it on the go.  I definitely like the scent, its not my all time favorite, but I would wear it.  I can definitely smell the lily.  It is nice and light. 

Full-size, $90.00
Sample worth, $1.32
Check it out on Birchbox.com
The next to items in the box are both Lifestyle Extras.  The first is a Votivo Pink Mimosa Candle.  With notes of strawberry, mandarin, and gardenia, this scented candle adds elegance to any environ.  Tip: place the lid under the tin after lighting the wick.  I love candles and this one smells really good.  You can really smell all of those notes mentioned and this will be nice to burn in my bathroom while having a day of pampering.  
Full-size, $26.00
Sample worth, ???
Check it out on Birchbox.com
And the last little extra they threw in is a Ghirardelli Square in Milk Chocolate with Caramel. I thought this was a cute little touch since it was around Valentines day and really, who doesn't like chocolate?  I love these and actually can't believe that I haven't eaten it yet.  

Total box worth, $28.96

So there you have it, the February Birchbox.  Overall, I am quite happy with everything I got and am looking forward to trying out all of these products.  

What new products have you tried out lately?

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment