Wednesday, February 27, 2013

February Favorites!

Hello there!



It is that time again, time for the monthly favorites blog! I cannot believe we have already come to the end of February.  Where is this year going?! Well, I don't have too many favorites for this month as I have decided to give up buying makeup for lent this year (ahh! What was I thinking?!).  It has only been a couple weeks, but it has definitely been a challenge so far, but has definitely been saving me some $$$. Well, anyway, lets get to the favorites!
First up, I have loving the Dove Dry Shampoo.  I had previously owned the Tresemme dry shampoo and I hated it.  I had watched a YouTube video and they recommended this one, so I picked it up.  It was only a couple dollars and I have really been enjoying this for those days that I don't wash my hair.  It has a light scent to it and just gives my hair a little bit of volume.  


Next up, I have been loving my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette.  I have found myself reaching for this palette a lot lately and have really been enjoying it, especially for the plummy colors.  I am sure most of you have heard about this palette and have heard about how good the Urban Decay shadows are, so I don't want to go too much into that. 



These next few products are new and you will probably recognize them from a recent haul post.  First up is the MAC blush in Pink Swoon.  I love this.  It just pigmented enough to give me a nice flush of color, but not overly pigmented to where I would have to really watch how much gets on the brush.  I love that this pink is a cool toned pink with blue undertones.  I love to wear this when I wear my blue/purple sweater from the Loft, they compliment each other so well. 


Next is the MAC Paintpot in Let's Skate! I have really enjoyed using this for the past couple weeks.  It looks so pretty on its own or layered on top of shadows.  It gives a really pretty pinky gold shimmer to the eye.  Like all of the paintpots, this one is super creamy and long lasting. 


My favorite lip product for this month has been MAC Lovelorn.  This is such a pretty pink and is toned down enough to wear every day, which I have been practically doing.  I feel like this was made for me, it just suits my skin tone and lips so well. 


Lastly, is a new product that I received in my February Birchbox, but I have been using it every day and just love it.  The Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Concealer has been a live savor for the past couple weeks.  I used this for my brothers wedding this past weekend and it really lasted all night and didn't smear all over my face or fade away.  It is really creamy and blends into the skin really nicely (I use it with my beautyblender). 

So there you have it, my February favorites.  A lot of them fairly new products that I have just been loving.  I'm not sure if I will end up doing a March favorites post or not, because I will not be buying any new products, but we will see if I rediscover some other products in my collection.  

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment