Saturday, January 26, 2013

January Birchbox!

Hello there!


 It's time again for another monthly Birchbox reveal and initial impressions.  This box was a fairly good box, nothing great, but not bad.  If you want to see what I got and what I think about the products, keep reading!

First up is this Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo. Gentle enough for everyday use, this cleanser has a low-suds formula that removes buildup without stripping hair of essential oils. I can definitely use this as I am almost out of my current clarifying shampoo(Paul Mitchell).  It has a light smell that I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe a little floral? It also says on the bottle that it does not strip moisture or color which is good for me since I do color my hair and therefor it is pretty dry. 
Full-size, $32.00 Check it out on Birchbox.com
Sample worth, $6.56
 Next up, Caudalie Vinexpert Radiance Day Cream SPF 15. A lightweight daily moisturizer with a patented grape-derived compound to reverse skin damage, plus weightless SPF. I have never tried anything from Caudalie, but have always heard good things, so I am excited to dry this out.  This has a light smell to it that is almost fruity/perfume-y.  Either way, I like. 
Full-size, $75.00 (YIKES!) Check it out on Birchbox.com
Sample worth, $7.50
 Next we have our beauty extra which is a single use of Deborah Lippmann The Stripper To Go.  These sweetly scented nail polish remover mitts make changing lacquer a breeze.  This will be great to pack in my purse or to go on vacation. I mean, who wants to carry around a bottle of nail polish remover?  
Set of 6, $12 Check these out on Birchbox.com
Sample worth, $2.00
 The next item is the Aerie Shimmer Fragrance.  This light-as-air blend of bergamot, peony, and vanilla feels fresh and warm. I adore how they packaged this (it looked a lot better before I opened it and then tried to wrap it back up, haha). This is not exactly my kind of scent. It smells a bit heavy to me actually and would probably give me a headache by mid afternoon. We shall see. 
Full-size, $14.95-39.95 Check it out on Birchbox.com
Sample worth, ???? (they did not put how many fluid ounces were in here)

 And last, but most certainly not least, probably my favorite thing in the box is the Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyelinder.  This UK import features a user-friendly pen applicator and supersmooth formula. I swatched this on my hand it is very smooth and super black.  I am always in need of a great liquid liner so I can't wait to try this out. 
Full-size, $15.00 Check it out on Birchbox.com
Sample worth, $8.57
Total box worth, $24.63

So there you have it, my January 2013 Birchbox.  Overall, it was pretty good. Definitely can't wait to try some of these products out. 

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment