Thursday, February 14, 2013

Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara Review

Hello again!


I have another review for you guys today, and it is for the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! mascara.  This mini size came in a kit with the Tarte eyelash curler (which I also LOVE).  I think the kit is around $16, so it is fairly affordable since you get the eyelash curler, which is great, and the mini size of the mascara to try out.  Well, lets hop right in to the review!

Tartes claim on the mascara: Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! 4-in-1 Mascara could be considered a push-up bra for your lashes—a 4-in-1 (lengthening, curling, volumizing, and conditioning) dermatologist- and clinically-proven to increase the appearance of lash volume by 424% after applying giving dramatic, thick and sexy lashes. 


So, lets start off by saying that this is a very wet mascara.  If you don't like wet mascara, this one is not for you, unless you wipe the excess off with a tissue before use (which will prevent clumping).  I don't really have a preference to wet or dry, but I do prefer natural bristles over rubber ones.  I feel like natural bristles give you a more natural look, which is what I personally like.  The Lights, Camera, Lashes! mascara has natural bristles.  I do feel like I have to wipe some of the excess on the tip of the wand off before I apply to my lashes, but that doesn't bother me.  

I definitely think that it does volumize and lengthen my lashes and keeps them curled.  I am not sure about the conditioning, but I do know that even thought it stays put all day, it will come off with a makeup remover wipe, which is really nice. The formula is really black and I think it only comes in the one rich black color.  

Overall, I really like the way it applys and I love the way it makes my lashes look. I have been trying a few other mascaras lately, but I keep going back to this one.  I am so glad that  I already have a full size waiting in the wings when I finish the sample size.  

No mascara
2 coats of Lights Camera Lashes! 
2 coats of Lights Camera Lashes!
I hope you enjoyed this review! I would definitely recommend picking up a sample if you are in the market for a new mascara.  Let me know if there is anything you would like me to do a review on in the future.  

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment