Sunday, September 30, 2012

September Favorites!


Oh September, you bring me my favorite season of the year, FALL! Apples, cinnamon, leaves, Halloween, what more could you ask for? Well, enough rambling, I am here to show you guys my September favorites! I am very excited, as this is my first favorites blog.  I have quite a few products to show you, so lets get started. 

First, I will start off with skincare.  I bought the Yes To Cucumbers Soothing Eye Makeup Remover Pads a little over a month ago, and I have used them all up and now I MUST go buy some more.  They are cool to the touch and have that hint of cucumber smell to them, which is relaxing to me.  These are a great product for getting off your eye makeup. 

My next favorite is the Ahava Essential Day Moisturizer.  I have been using this ever since I got a sample in my April birchbox. These little sizes are great, they last me an entire month.  They are a bit pricy at $8, but I have found that the little size is actually more economical to buy than they larger size ($39.50).  This moisturizer is pretty thick, which I like because I have fairly dry skin.  It has a nice fresh smell to it, nothing over powering and it doesn't irritate my skin. 

Omg, if you guys have not tried out the Soap & Glory Hand Food hand cream, you are missing out.  This stuff is amazing.  It has a great smell and it is not greasy at all. I love the pink packaging and the fact that they sell it in a small version for your purse and a larger size for home. I am also pretty sure that it less expensive than the large lotions at Bath & Body Works. 

I only have one hair product for this month (I hope I have more for you next month).  This is the Aveda Volumizing Tonic.  You just spray this at your roots all over when your hair is damp and then blow dry.  I got this right before I went on vacation at the end of august and have used it quite a bit.  This is just a sample size.  I wanted to try it out before I bought a big sized one.  And I have been loving it.  I think it gives my hair a little more volume and bounce to it.  

Next up we have makeup! First we have the Smashbox Photo Finish Light primer.  I just love this stuff, it really does keep your makeup in its place all day long.  I can definitely see a difference if I forget to use it one day.  I like the texture of this one vs. the original, which feels like putting silicon on your face (it also smells pretty bad too).  If you haven't tried this, or do not currently use a primer, go to Sephora and ask for a sample, you will not be disappointed. 

My favorite foundation for this past month (and the past 8 months) has been my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation.  I had been hearing such amazing things about this foundation that I had to go try it out, and I have never loved a foundation more than I love this.  It is a true liquid foundation, you have to shake it up before you use it to blend everything together. It is so smooth going on the skin and looks so natural.  Unfortunately, I am almost out of mine! Time to go get a new bottle! 

Favorite concealer has to be the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch (not that you can read any of the writing on it anymore).  This is my second....tube? of this.  It is very creamy and lumizing, just like it says.  It has a twist top to it and it dispenses into the brush at the end.  

My favorite bronzer is a newer purchase, the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny. I was pretty skeptical about buying this because I have never owned any NYC products and bronzers in general can be a little on the orange-y side from drugstore brands.  But I have been quite pleased with this one, its very smooth (like it says) and is a nice natural color.  It is pretty light, so it probably wouldn't work for darker skin tones.  

My favorite blush for the past month has definitely been MAC Peach Twist. When I bought this and first put it on, I was like, OMG! This is WAY to dark for me.  But with a lighter hand, and more blending, it has becoming my go to blush of the moment.  It is a darker peachy rose color with shimmer.  It gives off a nice bronzy glow when you put it on. 

This next product is an all time holy grail product, and that is the MAC Paintpot in Painterly. I have always had to use some kind of concealing product on my eyelids. They have lots of veins and the color is just off.  When I purchased this, my life changed.  The product is super creamy and very easily blend-able and goes perfectly with my skin tone.  If you haven't tried a paintpot, go check them out.
 

For the past couple years, I have been using eye shadow powder to fill in my brows and have never had an issue with it at all.  But I came across this product, the Maybelline Define-A-Brow, on clearance at Target and thought, why not, I'll give it a try.  I LOVE THIS.  It is the perfect shade of light brown/dark blonde for my hair and just fills them in enough without looking like I have tattooed eyebrows. 

Next we have the ever known, NAKED 2 palette by Urban Decay.  I have the original NAKED palette and love that one, but I decided to get this one when my husband got me a gift for beauty.com.  I think I may even like this one better than the original because the colors are more cooler toned and I tend to gravitate towards those more than the warmer tones.  The pigmentation is phenomenal and the blend-ability is great.I have been using this every single day since I got it in the mail and have really enjoyed creating different looks with the different shades.  The matte black shade is so great for a liner. 

Last but not least, we have the Urban Decay All Nigher setting spray.  This stuff, along with my Smashbox primer, ensure that my makeup will not budge all day long. I could probably sleep in my makeup and wake up and it be perfect, not that I would do that, nor should anyone else, but you get the point.  The spray is a very fine mist that is quite cooling (great for those hot summer days) and drys within a few seconds.  I have heard of a lot of people using this before the put any makeup on, after their foundation and after they have finished all of their makeup.  If I am going out that night, I will do that, but for every other day, I just spray it as a finishing spray. 

 So those are my September favorites! I hope you guys enjoyed reading and I cannot wait to do more of these.  If you have blogged your favorites, make sure you link it in a comment so I can check it out!

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment