Wednesday, September 19, 2012

September Birchbox!

If you don't already know what Birchbox is, i'll tell you.  Birchbox is a monthly subscription service where you get 4-5 deluxe beauty samples in the mail for $10 a month.  There is no contract, you can be billed monthly and cancel whenever you would like (like anyone would ever cancel!).  You can also earn birchbox points by buying products off of their website and by reviewing items you have gotten in your box. These points can add up towards $$ off of a product from their site.  I have been with birchbox for about 7 months now and I just love it! You get to try all new products and brands and see what you like and don't like.

Here are pictures and descriptions of everything that was included in this months box.




Every month your birchbox will come with a card that explains what this months box theme is all about and on the back it has all of the products in your box listed, described and has the price of the full-size product. This months box is all about the start of the season's fashion bonanza. 


The first products in my box was this Skin, An Apothecary - Soy Body Whip in Poppy.  It is described as being infused with vitamin C and soy proteins. "The mousse-like lotion soothes dry skin without feeling greasy." The full size, which is 16oz. sells for $27.  The sample is 2oz. (worth $3.38)

It smells very floral-y, which is not my favorite, but its very smooth and soft on the skin. So far, I like it.


The next product is a nail polish.  This is a Color Club nail polish in the color Insta-This.
I have another bottle of this brand of nail polish that I got in a previous birchbox. Their colors are extremely opaque.  You almost only need one coat of this color. 
Full size is15oz. at $8. The sample is 7oz. (worth 3.73).

Next is a perfume sample of Kate Spade - Twirl. 
The card describes this perfume as "a blend of fruity and floral notes, this modern classic feels joyful and carefree".  I am horrible at describing scents, but I do like this one.  It is definitely a more mature fragrance. 
The full size is $18-$80.  The sample is .05fl oz. (worth $3.65)


Next is a pack of Hollywood Fashion Secrets - Hollywood Fashion Tape. 
There are a "lifestyle extra" in my box.  I love fashion tape, it really comes in handy when you need to close a gap or just keep something in place.  
Full size is $8.99 for 36 strips.  The sample pack came with 4 various sized strips (worth $.99)

Next is this Jouer (pronounced ju-way)-Matte Moisture Tint.
I had gotten the luminizing moisture tint in my very first birchbox and I liked it. Unfortunately, the color they sent me seems a bit to dark for me, so I'm not sure if I will be able to really test this one out.   It is a tinted moisturizer that is very silky and feels really nice on the skin.
Full size is $38.00 at 1.7oz.  The sample is .07oz. (worth about $.80)

Lastly in my box was a Twistband. 
A lot of people complain about getting these all of the time in their birchbox's.  I think they are pretty neat, but this is the second time I have gotten one.  I think I have seen these being sold at target, so I would definitely check that out if you are interested in these. 
You can get these in pack of 12 for $22.22.  I was sampled one (worth $1.83).

Birchbox also included a $25 off of $75 coupon for Madewell.  One of those just popped up in a mall near me and I have been wanting to check it out, so now I have my motivation. They also included 2 song downloads for artist Tristan Prettyman.  Never heard of him, but might check it out. 

Overall, I think this was an okay birchbox, there wasn't anything that I was super excited about. I will try out the products some more and give reviews on them at a later date. 
Thanks for stopping by!

XOXO
Kristen




No comments:

Post a Comment