Thursday, April 3, 2014

Favorite Spring Lip Products


Hello everyone,

I have been wanting to do some more spring posts and so I have a new one for you today.  Today it is all about my favorite lip products for spring time.  I love this time of year because I can get more colorful on my lips and that just makes me happy.  I am definitely someone who likes to have a lot of color in her life, whether its on my nails, my walls, my clothes or my lips.

Most of these are favorites from last year, but there are a couple newbies in there as well.  


First off, you'll notice that I have mostly drugstore products and that I really like Revlon lip products.  


First up is the Revlon Lip Butter in Sorbet.  I picked this up last year, because I could not resist getting another lip butter and the color is gorgeous!  It is a bright hot pink, but not neon bright. I love the lip butters from Revlon because they aren't completely opaque, they have a bit of shine and are decently moisturizing. 

My next favorite, the NYX Butter Gloss in Cherry Cheese Cake, is a new one for me, but I have just been in love with the formula of these and this color is right on for Spring. These glosses aren't sticky, the smell like cake and feel so hydrating on the lips. I am loving this color in particular because it is on trend with it being orange, but it is a more wearable orange. 

Next up, Maybelline Vivid - Shocking Coral.  I wore this one a lot last spring and will definitely be breaking it out again.  I love bright lips this time of year, they just perk me up a bit.  I definitely wear this one a bit more sheer than shown here, but it still gives that punch of color. Even though this says it's a coral, it is definitely a hot fuchsia.  I think the formula of these can be a bit drying, so I like to wear a good lip balm underneath. 

Next favorite, NARS Lip Gloss in Easy Lover.  This gloss is a sheer hot pink that is very wearable.  I love that it is sheer, so it is easier to wear everyday and not as intimidating as some of the other colors I have shown. The only downside to this gloss is the smell, it really doesn't smell good, but it goes away after a minute.  

For a nice red lip I like to go with the Revlon Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon.  This is a great color because it gives your lips the "I just ate a cherry Popsicle" look.  It is a red that is easier to wear because it has a bit of pink in it and is a little more sheer.  

Another Revlon Lip Butter I love for spring is in the color Sweet Tart.  It is a bit lighter than Sorbet and has more a blue undertone to it.  It is that great medium cool pink I think every girl should have in their makeup stash.  This is another color that is a good everyday color. 

I had to put this last one in as an honorable mention as I only have had it for a couple weeks (after I photographed all of the above), but it has fast become a favorite. Revlon (do we see a trend here?) Super Lustrous Lipstick in Lovers Coral.  This is the most beautiful soft and sheer coral that I cannot get enough of.  It has just enough pink in it.  This has been my go to coral shade to wear. 


And in case the swatches on my lips don't suffice, here are all of the shades swatched on my hand. 


Those are all of my favorite lip products for spring. I really hope you enjoyed this post, I have a couple more spring related ones coming up.  

What is your favorite lip product for spring?

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment