Saturday, April 26, 2014

April Birchbox



Another month, another Birchbox.  I have been going back and forth on whether or not I want to keep posting about my birchboxes or not.  This may be the last one, at least for a while.  

Any who, this months theme is "Rainy Days" and we all know the phrase "April showers bring May flowers". It actually has been raining quite a bit lately, and I don't hate the rain, but I don't love the rain.  This box is about finding new things to do and try out on those rainy days.  They even included a little card with a rainy day idea on it.  

First up...



Sample Size: 1 fl. oz. 
Sample Value: $2.50

"This sulfate-free cleanser repairs, strengthens, and keeps dyed locks va-va-vibrant.  Massage a dime-sized amount into damp hair before rinsing."

I will be going on a trip this summer and it is a perfect size for travel, so I will probably wait until then to actually use this. I have never tried a sulfate-free shampoo.  I know they're really good for your hair, but I've heard that they are really hard to get used to using. 

Sample Size: 1 fl. oz. 
Sample Value: $2.50

"Rich in argan oil, this sulfate-free hydrator keeps color-treated hair shining bright.  Work a generous amount through clean, damp strands before rinsing."

Again, I will be keeping this until my vacation.  I am glad that they sent color enhancing, because I am going to California and my hair will need all the help it can get from the sun and the water. 

Sample Size: .03oz
Sample Value: $12.30

"The NYC-based designer's new metallic liner goes on smoothly for long-lasting wear.  Glide along lash line for a defined look or blend within 30 seconds for a smoky eye."

I would have preferred to get black or the violet color, silver is just not a color I would wear.  It is very creamy and reminds me a lot of the Urban Decay eyeliners.  I may try to do a look with it or give it to a friend. 


4. Color Club Art Duo Pen - Black
Sample Size: 0.35 fl. oz. 
Sample Value: $10.00

"It's all in the details: This nifty polish puts nail art perfection at your fingertips.  Pull the lid for an ultraprecise pen tool or twist to reveal a slender striper brush."

This is actually really cool! I have always admired people who do nail art and have wanted to try it out myself.  Well, now I can! We shall see how it actually goes...

5. Kind Healthy Grain Bar - Maple Pumpkin Sees with Sea Salt
Sample Size: 1.2 oz
Sample Value: $0.79

"This perfect combo of salty and sweet, these delicious treats pack a whole-grain punch.  Toss 'em in your purse or gym bag for a healthy pick-me-up whenever, wherever."

To my surprise, really enjoyed this! I will definitely be looking for these at my grocery store. They will be perfect for a mid-afternoon snack or post gym snack.  

Total Box Value: $28.09

Like usual, this was just an okay box.  I will use the shampoo and conditioner for my upcoming trip, the nail art duo pen is really cool and I just ate the Kind bar.  I probably won't use the silver eyeliner. 

I have really been contemplating cancelling my subscription lately. I haven't been the happiest with my boxes and I have been curious about a few other subscription services.  I think I may be ready to move on after 2 years with them and try something new.  I have been really interested in Glossy Box.  If you have any suggestions on any other subscription boxes you have heard about or are subscribed to, please comment below!

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment