Monday, April 14, 2014

Makeup Haul: Sephora, Ulta & Birchbox


Hello there!

Have I been doing a lot of hauls lately? It feels like I have been doing quite a lot of them lately.  But what girl doesn't love to go shopping and there were some good sales and deals last week.  I wanted to get this up last week, but it was so hectic because I was going out of town for the weekend and that was taking up all of my time.  So, unfortunately I didn't get this up in time for the Sephora sale to still be going on.  I hope a lot of you were able to get that code and take part in the sale.

In the last week or so I have picked up a couple things from various places and I wanted to share them with you all.



Too Faced - The Chocolate Bar Eye Palette
Since the Sephora sale was going on, I decided to only get one item and I am so glad I picked this palette up.  First off, it smells so delicious.  Like chocolate, of course! Second, the colors are all so beautiful.  I love that there are a decent amount of matte shades and the colors are mostly neutral with a few pinks, plums and burgundy's that are quite nice. I have really been enjoying this, I even brought it with me on my weekend trip and it worked out so nicely.  You really can get a very simple natural look or go all the way to a very deep sultry look with this palette.  There are so many options.  

The quality is very nice, the shadows are very soft and smooth and easily blendable.  For a while I was debating getting this one or the Smashbox Full-Exposure palette.  I think I made the correct choice.  I will do a full review on this with swatches very soon. 


Since I bought the Too Faced palette during the sale, I got this super adorable makeup bag as a free gift.  I am actually impressed with this one this year.  The past few years bags have been just so so.  I love the stripes, the shape and the canvas material.  This would be the perfect makeup bag for your purse. 

Smashbox - Photo Finish Foundation Primer
Last month, Ulta was having their 21 Days of Beauty Steals and one of the days they had the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer on sale for 50% off! I hopped on that train as fast as I could.  When I eventually got into the store, there were 3 of them left.  I really like this product, I do think it does a great job at what it is supposed to do, I just don't like the price tag.  I think $36 is a bit much.  I prefer the light version because I like the lotion-y texture better, but for $18, I was not about to pass this one up.  

China Glaze - Shocking Pink
I was really in the mood to paint my nails a neon pink and decided to venture out in search for OPI's Kiss Me I'm Brazilian after I saw MissGlamorazzi from YouTube wearing it, but when I picked up the bottle, the color just wasn't as vibrant as I thought it was going to be.  So my search lead me to China Glazes' Shocking Pink.  It is the perfect medium neon pink.  It made my hands look tan and the color is just gorgeous.  I have been wearing it non stop.  The only problem is, and I don't know if this is just me, but neon nail polishes chip within 24 hours on me and it is incredibly annoying.  Is there some secret to keeping them on longer?? Please let me know if you have any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated!

Benefit - Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! Foundation
I received an e-mail the other week from Birchbox saying my points were going to expire if I didn't use them soon.  If you aren't aware, you can earn points with Birchbox (if you are subscribed to their box) by reviewing the products that come in your box every month.  You receive 10 points per review and every 100 points is $10 to use in their shop.  I have been saving up for a while and since this e-mail came through I decided to get a couple things I have been curious about.  

First is the Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! Brightening Makeup with SPF 25.  I tried a sample of this back in the fall, and while I liked it, I decided to get something else at the time.  Well, I decided to go ahead and pick it up this time.  I am in the shade Petal and this is a really great light/medium coverage foundation. I find that I can really control the coverage on this foundation more than others that I have.  A little bit of this goes a long way.  I will do a review on this after I have used it a bit longer. 

Jouer - Mineral Powder Bronzer in Suntan
I have heard so many people talk about Jouer and how wonderful it is, so I decided to give it a try.  I picked up this bronzer because I have heard great things about it and I am every looking to expand my bronzer collection.  I have really been loving this so far.  The color is really great, not orange or muddy at all.  It goes on super smooth and just gives a sun kissed look to the face. I really like the design of their packaging, so if I get more products I can build a little palette.  After trying this, I will definitely be trying out more of their products. 


 I also got a "Mystery Sample Pack" with my order, which was just two perfume samples.  It was free, so whatever.  I have tried both of these scents before, so I might be giving these away to a friend.

So that was my haul.  Not too much this time and I got some really great deals that got me all excited! I hope you enjoyed and I will talk to you in my next post!

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment