Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Spring Favorites: Blushes


Well hello there,

I bring with me to the table today, a post about my favorite blushes to use in the spring time.  It is finally starting to feel like spring around here and that just gets me all sorts of excited.  I love blush, I think it is one of those products where you can never have too many because there are a million different shades and finishes and it just adds a bit of brightness and color to your face.

Up first....



This will come as no surprise, Cliniques Cheek Pop in Peach Pop. I have been loving this every since I bought it.  It is the perfect pinky peach and gives the perfect glow and brightness to the cheek.  I love the formula of these, they blend very easily and it is easy to build up the color for a brighter look or keep it sheer with just a hint of color. And again, the packaging!!! Ahh, it is just so beautiful. If you haven't tried these out yet, I would definitely recommend taking a look at them the next time you pass by the Clinique counter or at Sephora


Next up, another shocker, the Maybelline Master Hi-Light in Light Bronze.  This is technically a bronzer, but because it has that bit of light pink in it and it is so shimmery, I like to use it as a blush.  It comes off as a really gorgeous natural blush that gives the most beautiful glow to the cheek.  


Next up, an oldie but a goodie, the Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso.  This shade is extremely popular in the YouTube/Blog world, and it is for a good reason, it is absolutely beautiful!  The color is a soft coral/peach and gives a nice highlight as well.  


I love to use cream blushes in the spring and summer and this one, Maybelline Master Glaze in Coral Sheen is so perfect! Can you tell I like peachy coral shades? This one is pretty pigmented, but so easy to blend and sheer out.  Cream blushes just give that extra dewiness to the cheeks that give a youthful, refreshed look. 


My next to favorites are from the NARS Guy Bourdin cheek palette.  Now, while this palette is no longer available, most of the shades in it are in the permanent line except for 1 or 2.  Mistinguette is a really pretty bright blue based pink.  I love this for that really bright pop of color on the cheek.  Unfortunately this one is not in their permanent line, but there are so many blushes out there that are so similar.  MACs Pink Swoon is similar, but not quite as bright.  Deep Throat (oh NARS and your product names...) is again, a pretty peachy coral shade that has a bit of shimmer in it that gives you that perfect glow.  



Those are all of my favorite blushes for Spring time! I am so excited that it is finally starting to feel like spring and I cannot wait for even warmer weather and more sunshine.  

What is your favorite blush for Spring?

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment