Thursday, April 17, 2014

Everyday Makeup Drawer: Spring Edition


I have for all of you today, a peek into my everyday makeup drawer.  I did one of these a few months ago and I mentioned then that I wanted to make it somewhat of a series.  I think quarterly or seasonally would be the best way to do it.  You will see quite a few of the products shown in my last haul in this drawer.  

I think everyone changes up their makeup quite a bit seasonally.  Most of us like to use different products based on what the weather is like. Here is what my everyday makeup drawer has been looking like lately...

First off, if you haven't seen my last post about my makeup drawer, I explain about my storage solutions there if you are interested in that information. 


1. I still keep my eye products in this section, but have changed the products out a couple times here and there.  These are the products that have been in here for a couple weeks:

  • Tarte eyelash curler - best eyelash curler!
  • Sumita black eyeliner (lookin' pretty stubby here, might be time to move on to another)
  • NYX Liquid Liner - I still keep this in here even though I haven't been doing liner a lot lately
  • Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara Mini - This has been growing on me. 
  • Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara Mini - Love, love, love this mascara! I really need to do a full review on this product. 
2. I pretty much keep the same things in this section, which is kind of miscellaneous.
  • BeautyBlender - looks like it needs to be cleaned, but I have gone back to using this on a regular basis, especially with my new foundation.
  • Nivea Lip Butter - Vanilla and Macadamia Kiss - Still loving to apply this before I put makeup on so that my lips are nice a moisturized by the time I am ready for lipstick or gloss
3. I moved a few things around here to make this my eye base section. 
  • MAC Paint Pot in Painterly - my trusty eye base.  I have pretty veiny lids, so this is nice to use to cover them up.  I have finally hit the bottom of the jar! I thought it would never happen.
  • MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study - I have brought this out recently because I have been wearing a more natural "no makeup" makeup look a lot lately and this is easy to throw on for a bit of shimmer on the lid.
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion Mini - I have started to use this under the MAC Painterly Paint Pot on those days when I need my shadow to really last throughout the entire day.  It is a really great primer. 
4. Still keeping the usual eyebrow products in here.
  • Anastasia Brow Duo in Medium Brown - I recently hit pan on this, so you know I've been loving it.
  • Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara - Don't worry, this is a brand new one.  I think I might try out a new brow gel after I finish this one up just because. 
5. I am still keeping my foundations and concealers in here, but I also added primers and setting sprays. 
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer - I recently hauled this and I have been using it quite a bit.  I really notice a difference when I use a good primer under my foundation.  
  • Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray - I still use this on those special occasions when I know I am going to be out all night. This especially comes in handy when it gets warmer out. 
  • Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation in Petal - Also another from my haul. I have really been enjoying this foundation a lot, especially with my beauty blender.  A review is to come!
  • Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer in Buff - I actually just finished this up, which was pretty disappointing because I feel like I just opened it up and I used it up super fast. I do like this, but I think I will be trying out a new concealer before going back to this one. 
  • Dermablend Smooth Indulgence SPF 20 Concealer in Almond - This is great for those times when I have a really noticeable blemish. 
6.  I had been keeping this as a "products I want to get use out of" section, but it has kind of turned into a weekly/bi-weekly blush and bronzer rotation section. 
  • Maybelline Master Hi-Light Highlighting Bronzer in Light Bronze - I am not sure how much more I can talk about how much I love this.
  • Clinique Cheek Pop Blush Pop in Peach Pop - How many times can I write pop in once sentence? Again, I think you've all heard enough about this guy.
  • Jouer Mineral Powder Bronzer in Suntan - Love this! Perfect bronzer and contour shade.

That is everything in my "spring time" everyday makeup drawer.

What products do you rotate in for Spring?

XOXO
Kristen

1 comment:

  1. Want to promote your business
    Digital Marketing Online Course for Professional | Business
    Learn Digital Marketing Course In our IncreaseSkill Training Institute for Students want to make career In Digital Marketing field. Free And Paid Online Course with Videos, E-Book, Tutorials. Job Oriented Courses with Live Projects with 100% Practical Approach. Get Digital Certificate after Course Completion

    ReplyDelete