Thursday, October 3, 2013

September Favorites


Well, hello again,

I feel like I have finally been given a break in my life.  Things have settled down at home, the kitty is doing well, our guests have gone home and now I can really start cranking out blog posts that I have really been wanting to put up.  

Todays post, if you couldn't tell by the title, is my September Favorites.  I don't know about you, but I almost feel like September never even happened.  It's like I blinked and it was October.  But, with October, comes all things I love about living in a place where Autumn is prevalent.   I love the changing of the leaves, pumpkins, cooler weather, spicier scents, hayrides, donuts, cider, sweaters, darker lip colors and of course, Halloween. 

So, lets get right to what I have been loving this past month...


Favorite Nail Polish | Butter London Queen Vic

I have been loving this darker purple-y red color for the transition into fall.  Its not overly dark, but darker than say a neon or a pastel that I would normally wear in the warmer months.  This formula is great, super easy to apply and I could probably get away with one coat.  I probably wore this for a good 2 weeks straight last month.  



Favorite Blush | NARS Madly

I bought this a couple months ago and was going to include it in lasts months favorites, but I never got around to that post, so this has pretty much been a favorite for the past 2 months.  I love that its a nice subtle bronze-y pink color that is good to pair with a more dramatic eye or lip to keep the rest of the look neutral.  I will probably be wearing this a ton in October as well, but I am definitely on the look for a more plum-y mauve colored blush also.  Any recommendations?



Favorite Lipstick | Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plumb

I've been slowly transitioning into my darker berry lip colors and I just love the Revlon Lip Butters, they are so easy to wear and are very moisturizing.  This nice medium berry color doesn't have any added shimmer or sparkle, but does have some gloss to it when applied to the lips (see swatch below).


Favorite Lip Gloss | Buxom Lip Gloss in Dolly

Sometimes I wear this over a lipstick to give some extra shine, but this is also a great gloss all on its own.  It doesn't give off a ton of color, so its nice for those days where you need a quick swipe of gloss and go, but can also amp up a lipstick, like the Revlon Lip Butters, and give more gloss and shine. This color does have some very fine sparkles in it. 


Top: Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Plum
Bottom: Buxom Gloss in Dolly
Favorite Mascara | Tarte Lights Camera Lashes

I have liked this mascara for while, I had gotten a sample of it sometime last year and loved it so my husband bought this for me a while ago and I am not just getting around to opening it and it reminded me how much I like this mascara.  I would like to try out the waterproof version as well.  It is a nice lengthening and volumizing formula.  I love the brush, its long and narrow, easy to get all lashes coated.  Let me know if you would like to see a full review on this.


Favorite Brow Product | Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Medium Brown

Now, even though I have blonde hair, I like my brows to be a little darker and more bold than they are.  This color matches them perfectly.  I have been using the Maybelline Define-a-Brow for a long time, probably for about a year or more.  Well, I ran out and hadn't gone to the store to get another one, so I started using some shadows that I had.  This got me back into the routine of using a powder versus a pencil and so I decided to try out an Anastasia product because people rave about them. So far, so good.



Favorite Accessory | Necklace from Target

Oh man have I been loving Target lately.  I feel like every time I step into a Target (which can be dangerous in the first place) there are about 10 or more items that I am just in love with!  I had been eyeing their Fall jewelry ever since they put it out and so I decided to pick up this necklace in the black and gold combination.  Every time I have worn it out, someone complements me on it. This one also comes in navy, purple and possible another color.  I have really gotten into accessorizing my outfits, it just makes them look more complete and jazzed up.  I will most definitely be going to pick up another one soon, probably tomorrow because I have a coupon!


Favorite Scent | Bath & Body Works Cinnamon Sugared Donut Three Wick Candle

Unfortunately, they are not selling this scent anymore (thank goodness I stocked up last year) but I believe they do have another donut scented candle out for the Fall.  This candle smells so heavenly.  I finished off one that I didn't completely burn last year and you can see how much I have left of the new one I started burning after that one.  Now, a warning, this will probably make you want to eat donuts and french toast and anything else that is cinnamon and sugar. 


Well, those are all of my September favorites.  I hope you enjoyed reading and got some inspiration for Fall.  Look out for some new Fall/Autumn inspired posts coming real soon.

What have you been loving lately?

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment