Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October Birchbox


Hello there,

I'm back today with my October Birchbox! If you have read my last few posts about Birchbox, you know that I haven't been incredibly happy with them, but I do think that this months and last months were fairly good.  Hooray for Birchbox getting better! 

This months theme is Beauty Buzz.  It's all about products that are popular and get a lot of press from celebrities and magazines and such.  They have also started including a "beauty find" in all of the boxes.  You will receive it in a cute little baggie and they say it doesn't replace on of your usual samples. 

Let's open it up!



Liz Earle | Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser | Full-size, $21.50

UK favorite that uses a two-step ritual to purify and exfoliate.  A Birchbox exclusive! Massage into skin.  With muslin cloth, wipe off gently in small circles, from the center out.

Liz Earle | Pure Muslin Cloth | 2 cloths, $6

Ditch your harsh exfoliator and use this pure muslin cloth, which gently polishes skin.  Rinse with warm water and wipe off cleanser.  Hang to dry. 

I am pretty excited to try this out.  I saw them mention this in the sneak peak video they post on YouTube.  I am always up for trying out new skin care products and this one looks interesting.  I've heard a few people talk about this and how much they love it.  The bottle is a pretty generous size and the box it came in is so cute!

Sample worth, $9.51
Click here to view on Birchbox.com

Joie | Folle de Joie | Full-size, $98

A captivating scent with a modern blend of mandarin, rose and sandalwood.  Spritz onto pulse points like the wrists and neck. 

I think this will be a nice scent for the fall and winter.  It's definitely warmer.  I can't really smell any of the mandarin, mostly the rose and sandalwood, which makes for a nice subtle warm smell. I know a lot of people don't like getting perfume samples, I don't mind getting them every once in a while.  Sometimes I find one that I love and others I just give away. 

Sample worth, $1.96
Click here to view on Birchbox.com

POP Beauty | Aqua Lacquer in Floating Rose | Full-size, $14

A British makeup pro created this sheer gloss, which plumps and hydrates with jojoba oil.  The cute paddle-style applicator makes for precise lines.

Hooray for a full-size product! And cute color gloss too! Although it looks like it would be a squeeze tube gloss, I was pleasantly surprised when I twisted the cap off to find that it has a plastic applicator that it unlike any that I have ever seen.  It is like a mini spatula almost, not a doe foot or anything that can collect bacteria (germaphobes will like that).  This gloss has a minty smell and is only mildly sticky, not enough to bother me. I like the color as well.  It shows up a bit more pink in the photo than it really is. You can see in the swatch that it's a bit more rosy and has some sparkle to it. 


Sample worth, $14.00
Click here to view on Birchbox.com

Miss Jessie's Original | Creme de la Creme Conditioner | Full-size, $16

This detangling formula softens and nourishes stubborn curls and pin-straight locks alike.  Smooth through damp, clean hair and rinse - or dam into dry hair as a leave-in-treatment. 

I will definitely give this a go, seeing that it about half the price of my other deep conditioner and see if it compares.  It would be great to find something that works just as well but is considerably cheaper. I usually use conditioner every other hair wash.  I find too much can make my hair brittle and going a wash without seems okay with my hair.  

Sample worth, $1.33
Click here to view on Birchbox.com

Birchbox Find | ChapStick Hydration Lock | $2.99

Who doesn't need a new chapstick to use this time of year.  This is actually great for me since my current chapstick is pretty much out and I need some serious moisture in the colder months.  I have already been using this and like it.  


Total box worth, $29.79

I am actually pretty excited about everything in this box.  There really wasn't one thing that I was disappointed with, which is probably a first. I will definitely be using the cleanser tonight, possibly the conditioner as well.  

What products have you been loving?

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment