Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Top 5 Berry Lip Colors for Fall


Hello there!

I thought a good post for the Fall time would be my favorite berry lip colors.  I love berry colors all year round, but especially in the fall.  They can be subtle or dramatic and really add something to your makeup. I have included some drugstore as well as a couple high end. 

Lets get to it!



Buxom Full-On Lip Polish | Dolly

I got this mini lip gloss in a subscription box I believe and just fell in love with the formula and the color.  This is a nice color if you are looking to just dip your toe into the berry pool.  It's got a nice hint of color and a whole lot of shine.  This formula has that minty smell and when you put it on your lips it has that cool and tingly feeling. This isn't an overly sticky gloss, but does have some tackiness to it.  I love this gloss for an every day berry color. 




Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain | Smitten

If you are feeling a bit more adventurous and want to go a bit brighter, I love the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains and this color, while still in the berry family, has a bit more pink and just a bit brighter than your average fall color.  The formula is smooth and creamy and has a minty fragrance. The darker colors in this line definitely last longer on the lips versus the lighter colors. 




BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss | Dare Devil

Another gloss, kind of from the same brand.  This gloss is such a beautiful mid tone berry pink color. I love the glossiness and it also has the same cooling feeling as the Buxom gloss. It has more of a fruity sweet smell to it and also has a little bit of that tacky texture to it. 



Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter | Sugar Plum

Who doesn't love the Revlon Lip Butters? I know I do, and I have way too many colors, but this one is one of my favorites for Fall. I love that it's a little more on the neutral side of berry tones and is not overly bright.  Like with all of the Lip Butters, it has a little bit of glossiness to it and is fairly moisturizing. 



Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain | Crush

If you are looking for something a bit more dramatic, I love this color from the Revlon Balm Stain line.  It is just deep enough to satisfy my need for dramatic makeup around this time of year.  I love to wear this on a night out and sometimes I will layer this over top of a lip pencil to give it a bit more pop.  Like I already said above, these feel great on the lips, nice and smooth and this one stains pretty well. 



There you have my top 5 favorite berry lip colors for fall.  I hope you enjoyed and got some inspiration.

What lip color is your favorite for this time of year?

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment