Thursday, April 4, 2013

Products I have recently used up

Hello there!


It is time for another empties blog.  My "trash" bag is filled and I thought I would share it with all of you.  I will tell you if I liked the product or not and if I plan on repurchasing or not.  Ready? Set? Go!
First up, I have used 3 of the Yes To makeup wipes.  We have 2 of the cucumber and 1 of the grapefruit.  I have always loved the cucumber, but with the new grapefruit one out (that smells amazing!) I am liking it a bit more.  I am working on another cucumber pack at the moment, but I will be picking up the grapefruit pack soon.  If you haven't tried these and you are on the hunt for a good makeup wipe, definitely check these ones out.  You can usually find them at target in a 2 pack (for the price of one!).  They have a nice subtle smell and are gentle but effective at removing your makeup.  

Next up, I have FINALLY finished this tiny little bottle of the Soap & Glory Clean On Me shower gel.  I got this in a set for Christmas and I really really liked it and cannot believe that it took me this long to go through it.  It has a nice light floral smell and is  moisturizing, which I need.  I definitely want to purchase a full-size, but I need to go through some of my other shower gels first.  

Next up is another sample product.  I received the Nick Chavez Advanced Volume Shampoo in my December Birchbox. I did like this. It wasn't so spectacular that I had to run out and go get more right away and at $22 for a bottle, it is not at the top of my list.  I usually splurge on conditioner vs. shampoo.  Most shampoos are good for what they need to do no matter the price and I'd rather save a bit of money where I can.  

We have another sample! This one I actually bought over the summer when I got my hair cut at Aveda.  I needed some kind of heat protectant and the lady recommended this because I also had damaged hair.  It was just okay.  I did not see any amazing results from using it.  I feel that if I don't notice anything different about my hair when I don't use it, is it really worth it? Probably not. 

It is the blog of sample sizes!  Benefits "that gal" brightening face primer came in a mini set that I got for Christmas.  I really really really liked this.  I liked the way it felt going on my skin and I really did its job. The first day I wore it, my boss actually said my skin was "glowing".   I definitely want to purchase a full size of this.  I will probably wait for a coupon, sale or use my Birchbox points to do it.  

I have used up 2 of the Maybelline Define-A-Brow brow pencils.  I love these.  Right now, these are a holy grail product for me.  I recently ran out of one and tried to go back to powder, and it just didn't look right so I went the next day to grab a new pencil.  This pencil makes my brows look so natural and full.  I use the dark blonde one. 

 Well, this blog is a bit all over the place, sorry.  I finally used up this Clear Moisturizing Dry Scalp shampoo.  I really like this shampoo.  I bought it when it was brand new on the shelf and I have already repurchased this in the volumizing version.  It has a very light smell and I can definitely tell it is moisturizing.  I also really like that it is only around $5!

Next up is the Healthy Sexy Hair Soya Want Full Hair hairspray.  I had heard such good things about this, which I why I bought it.  It was an okay hairspray.  It had a nice smell, but I have since purchased a Tresemme hairspray that I think works even better and it was only $3 compared to the other at $16 or $17.  It wasn't awful, but nothing overly special. 

I used the Yes To Cucumbers Eye Makeup Remover Pads up soooo long ago and I haven't been able to find them (not that I have been looking very hard), but I would definitely repurchase these if I found them.  I really like these to clear away any mascara residue left over in the morning. They have the same smell as the makeup wipes. 

I have used up two of the Oscar Blandi Texture & Volume Spray. I wish this stuff was cheaper and didn't run out so fast.  It is $11 for a mini bottle and I think I ran out of my last one in about 2 weeks.  I had received this in my November Birchbox and fell in love.  If you like to curl your hair and have a hard time getting the curls to stay, this stuff works wonders.  It gives your hair some texture and something for your curl to hang on to.  I will not curl my hair without this anymore.  Maybe i'll use some of my Birchbox points to purchase the big can!

As you may have seen in my last haul post, I just purchased the large tub of the Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque.  This guy here, is the $4 sample pack that I had been buying every so often.  On of these, if I seal it up right, will last me a good month or so.   A little goes a long way.  This is a holy grail product for me.  My hair never feels softer than when I use this and it smells sooooo good too. 

Last but not least, I have used up all of the mini Tarte Lights Camera Lashes! mascara.  I got this for Christmas in a set with the eyelash curler.  I really liked this mascara a lot, and I also got the full-size for Christmas, so I am set! 

There you have it, my trash! I really enjoy doing these types of blogs because they not only inform you on what products I have used up and what I thought of them, but I reminds me about them as well!  

What products have you used up recently?

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment