Saturday, March 30, 2013

Collective Haul

Hello there!
So, I have done a little bit of shopping this past week and I decided that I would share what I got with you.  I went to Ulta (20% off coupon!), Target and Bath & Body Works. I picked up a little bit of everything, so lets get started!

First up, I went into Target specifically to break my 6 week streak of not buying any makeup at all for lent.  (long story short, it was a stressful day, my car died and I needed to calm myself with new lip products)  

I have been looking for the new Revlon Lip Butters that they put out for the spring and I finally found them! I picked up the one in Pink lemonade. It is a quite a bit more sheer than I was expecting, but It gives a really nice gloss to my lips and you really can't go wrong with the Lip Butters, they are super moisturizing and feel really nice and look really nice on.  I have also been wanting to pick up one (or more) of the Maybelline Vivids. I keep hearing everyone talk about them and I have been wanting some super bright lip colors in my collection so I picked up Fuchsia Flash. This is a super bright hot pink.  I LOVE it and definitely think I am going to go buy Shocking Coral next. I am wearing it today, a little sheered out with some gloss on top and I think it is just the perfect look for spring. I  also wanted to pick up one of the Cover Girl Lipperfection Jumbo Gloss Balm and I grabbed one in Watermelon Twist.  So far, I like it.  It seems to be pretty moisturizing and feels good on the lips.  

Pink Lemonade, Fuchsia Flash, Watermelon Twist
Pink Lemonade, Fuchsia Flash, Watermelon Twist
(Top to bottom) Pink Lemonade, Fuchsia Flash, Watermelon Twist
 Next I went to Bath & Body Works to grab a few of their spring candles.  Now, I know this first one isn't exactly a spring candle, but when I smelled it, I couldn't put it down.  I don't like coffee, but I LOVE the smell and the Espresso Bar candle smells soooooo good.  I currently have it burning and I just smells heavenly.  
L
Stop and savor the aromas of roasted espresso beans and sweet vanilla froth like the Italians, who never take their coffee "to go". 
 This next one is the one that I specifically went in for.  Lilac Blossom is one of those quintessential smells of spring for me.  It is so light and floral-y and just spring in a candle.  
Spring is in the air! Freshly cut lilac blossoms layered atop delicate violets with a hint of lily of the valley create the ultimate floral fragrance. 
 This next candle is also one that I specifically went in for and it is the Poolside candle.  I smelled this at a store a few weeks ago and I just cannot get it out of my head.  This is more of a summer candle as it smells exactly like sunscreen.  Oh so wonderful.  I instantly think of summer when I smell it. 
Lemon, Orange and tropical blossoms get a splash of coconut in a fragrance that revels in the cool side of being poolside. 
 Their wallflower refills were only $3 today, so I picked one up in Lilac Blossom.  I also had a coupon to get a free travel size item, so I picked out the Pink Chiffon shower gel.  I thought this would be great for when I go to Vegas in May.  I don' t know about you, but I find it very hard to smell a lot of the fragrances in B&BW but I have heard everyone rave about Pink Chiffon and how girly it is.  Lastly, the checkout girl talked me into one of their new scents, Rome Honeysuckle Amore, coming out that they were selling for $1 in the mini lotion size.  
Pink Chiffon: An ultra-feminine blend of sparkling red pear, vanilla orchid and whipped chiffon musk for lather that bursts with fragrance.
Rome Honeysuckle Amore: Stroll through the cobblestone streets of Italy's most glamorous city with pink honeysuckle, golden peach and cyprus woods immersed in our exclusive hydrating formula.

I had been sent a 20% off coupon for Ulta in the mail earlier this week that was only good for 3 days and was good on most of their "prestige" items, which we all know doesn't happen very often.  I would have normally taken this opportunity to grab some high end makeup items that I have had my eye on, but since it was still lent (and I wasn't having a momentary lapse in judgement because my car had just died) I decided that I would instead use it to get some other items that I have been looking to get for a while.  

I have been buying the $4.00 sample packs of the Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Mask for a while and since I had this coupon, it was time to just buy the big pot of it.  This stuff is like one of those holy grail items that I probably could not live without from this moment on.  It works miracles on my hair.  I use this once or twice a week and leave it on for 5-7 minutes. It leaves my hair so silky smooth and smelling great.  

I have noticed lately that my nails have been peeling, which is not good.  I am not sure if it is from my nail polish or what, so I decided to pick up the Sally Hansen Diamon Strength Instant Nail Hardener.  On the box it said it stops nails from peeling, so I am crossing my fingers that this works.  

I have had my eye on these Real Techniques brushes for a while.  They are quite affordable and look really cute.  I decided to pick up the blush brush this time. (I have already used it and put it back in the box to take the photo) I really like it so far and I think that I may be picking some more of these up.  

So there is everything in my haul! I am really excited to use all of these new products, most of them I already have.  I am pretty darn sure a lot of these will show up in next months favorites blog.  

I hope you enjoyed.

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment