Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Blush Collection - Part 1 - High End Powder



Hello everyone,

I have been trying to come up with some ideas for different blog posts and I came up with the idea to show you my makeup collection.  This will obviously take quite a while and I will divide it into sections and have them broken down even further.  This is something that I will post sporadically.  I will be starting with my blush collection today and to break it down a bit further, I will be showing you my high end powder blushes.  My next post will probably be high end cream/liquid blushes.  I hope you enjoy these types of posts and if you have any requests of what you would like to see next, please feel free to post a comment! Lets get into these blushes!


These are in no particular order...

Benefit - Sugarbomb

If you follow my blog posts, you will know that I just recently picked this one up.  Well let me tell you, I have been wearing this every day since I got it.  I just love it.  It gives me a really pretty peachy glow to my cheeks.  It is just pigmented enough to give off great color, but not so much where you look like a clown and have to do some serious blending.  It does have a bit of shimmer in it. 




Benefit - Bellabamba

I think this came in a gift set I got for Christmas.  This one is a bit more pigmented than sugarbomb, but is a really  nice medium shimmery pink. 




MAC - Pink Swoon

This is one of my favorites because it goes so well with my skin tone.  It is a really nice medium toned matte pink blush.  This is another one I wear frequently.  This is one I like to wear when I am wanting to wear a cool toned lipstick.  





MAC - Peach Twist

I bought this last summer wanting a dark peachy tan colored blush.  I wanted something that would look great with a tan and wouldn't over power my look with a lot of color.  It gives you a nice bronze-y look to your cheeks. This blush is shimmery and very pigmented, therefore, use a very light hand with it. 






Smashbox - Peony

This blush came in a kit that I bought a while ago and is one that I wear fairly often.  It is a really pretty matte rosey pink that gives a really nice flush to the skin.  I like to wear this one on my more natural/low key makeup days because it doesn't over power my face and scream "I am wearing blush!"





Tarte - Dollface

This is one that I bought in a set that also came with a bronzer and it is actually a "mini" blush, but isn't too much smaller than all of the other blushes.  This is a matte light baby pink.  I don't wear this as much as I would like, it just seems to come off a little to baby pink to my liking.  These blushes are really great though and last forever. 




Tarte - Splendor

This is another "mini" blush that came in a kit. This one is more of a medium pink with a little big of a peach undertone with some shimmer (and there is a little bit of glitter, but it just falls off once you apply it to your cheeks). Again, Tarte blushes are so great because they have great color payoff and they last all day on your cheeks. 





NARS - Orgasm

This is a duo that I have had for a long time and I use a lot (not that you could tell on the blush side).  This is the cult favorite NARS Orgasm blush.  I definitely see why everyone likes it.  It is a universally flattering peachy pink blush with gold shimmers in it.  It gives your skin a really pretty glow. 




Be A Bombshell - Sweet Cheeks

I wasn't sure where to place this blush, so I decided that it would go with the high end blushes because you can't find this at your local drugstore and I haven't really seen it anywhere in stores.  I just got this one in an Ipsy bag and to be honest, I haven't tried it out yet.  It seems quite pigmented when I swatch it and it feels very smooth and creamy.  I'll have to give an update on it when I actually try it out. 




The Balm - Hot Mama

I love this blush. I think I love peachy pink blushes in general, they just seem to look great with my skin tone.  This one is fairly pigmented, has great lasting power and has a bit of shimmer to it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment