Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sephora VIB event

Hello there!
Some of you may know that Sephora had their VIB even this past weekend, and since I am a VIB, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get 20% off.  So I swung by my Sephora on Friday after work and picked up some Christmas gifts and a little something for me as well.  I decided to grab the Sephora In The Glow value kit. I have photographed all of the products as well as swatches.  I have tried some of them out since Friday and there will be initial reactions for those.

The kit comes with 9 mini blush/brozner/highlighter products.  First up is Benefit High Beam.  I have been wanting to try this out for a long time and I am so excited that I finally have it.  I have used this a few times and LOVE it so far.  It gives the most beautiful luminescent glow to the skin when you put this on.  I will definitely be using this a lot.
Next up is Lorac Perfectly Lit Oil-Free Luminizing Powder in Spotlight. This is a very pretty gold highlighting powder.  I have not tried this one out yet, but it looked gorgeous when I swatched it. 
The next highlighting powder is the Bare Minerals All Over Face Color in Pure Radiance.  I haven't tried this one either, but comes off as a light shimmery champagne color on the swatch.   

(left to right) Benefit High Beam, Lorac Spotlight, bareMinerals Pure Radiance
Next up and lastly for highlighting products is the Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Golden Mosaic.  I haven't tried this one out yet, but I cannot wait to.  The colors are so pretty and shimmery.  I feel that these could also double as eye shadows. The two colors on the left and right of the bloc come off almost the same when swatched.  

All four shades included in the Shimmer Bloc
Next up are three blushes, the first being the Tarte Natural Cheek Stain in Flush. I have tried this one out, and I'm on the fence about it.  I think I need to try this out a few more times to really get a good feel of it.  It came off a bit sticky on the skin, though the color is nice, especially for fall. 

The next blush is the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Splendor.  I used this one today and I love it.  It's a very nice pink color with some shimmer to it.  It is such a pretty light pink color on the skin. 

The next and last blush is the Stila Convertible Color in Peony.  This is a really pretty rosey mauve cream blush.  I have not tried this one out yet, but I am definitely looking forward to it. It has a very nice creamy texture. 

(left to right) Tarte Flush, Tarte Splendor, Stila Peony


Last up are the two bronzers.  First we have the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder.  I have used this a few times already and am really liking it.  First off, it smells so good! It actually smells like chocolate.  I love that this is matte, it will be perfect for the winter months.  It is quite pigmented and I have to use a very light hand when applying it, but that means it will last that much longer.  So far, loving this. 

Last but most certainly not least, is a mini NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna.  I have the NARS duo with Laguna and Orgasm, and I have used quite a bit of the bronzer and really like it.  It has a bit of shimmer in it, but it doesn't really show up on the skin.  It has a great velvety texture and goes on very smoothly. This is a really great color for paler skin tones.  

(left to right) Too Faced Chocolate Soleil, NARS Laguna
So those are all of the items that come in the In The Glow value kit.  I think it is such a great value and could be a really great gift for someone.  I love that Sephora comes out with these kits so you are able to try out a bunch of different brands without spending a ton of money.  I really look forward to trying all of these out and creating some great looks with them. 

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment