Sunday, November 4, 2012

October Favorites!

Hello everyone!
It's that time again! (I know I'm a few days late) But it's time for October Favorites! I honestly cannot believe that it is already November and that the holiday season has begun!.  I have a few new products that I have tried out and loved this past month. So here we go!
First up is a new cleanser.  I had run out of my Befine Exfloiating Cleanser and I could not find it on the Birchbox website and I wanted to use my points to get a cleanser.  I have heard so many good things about the Philosophy Purity Cleanser and since I had enough points to get it for free, I thought why not give it a try?  Well, so far, I love it.  It has such a nice creamy texture and is so soft on the skin.  It has a very light smell, nothing over powering or strong.  I think my skin is liking it because I have had practically zero acne and my skin is just feeling really good right now.  
Next up we have a conditioner.  My hair was becoming very dry and brittle (I bleach my hair) and was just not feeling so great so I picked up a sample size of the Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque. I have used this before and loved it, but it is pretty pricey so I stopped.  Well, I think that I am just going to have to suck up the cost or figure out where I can spend less on other things because this works wonders for my hair.  Since I have started to use this again my hair has been incredibly soft and bouncy.  This has such a great smell to it as well. You can get this at Ulta and Target.  The sample size is $4 and has lasted me for a couple weeks so far.  I use this every 2-3 days. * Before I put it on, after I shampoo, I towel dry my hair.  My hairdresser co-worker told me this about 6 months ago.  Your hair is like a sponge and can only soak up so much.  So it will absorb more of the conditioner when it is dryer and not sopping wet with water. *
The next item will come as no surprise, as I did a review on it last week, and it is the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation.  I have just been loving this.  It has such a great texture and I rarely need concealer when I use this. Overall, I just love it. 
Next up is an eyeliner.  I have been in search of the perfect black eyeliner that will last all day long.  Well, I am so happy that I picked up that set of Urban Decay eyeliners because I have been loving the color Zero which is deep black.  This goes on so smoothly, no tugging on your eyelids needed, and it stays all day long! Finally!
This past month I was really looking for a nice deeper berry color to try out and I decided to pick up this Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Plum.  It is not super dark, as it looks in the tube, but it is a really great color for fall and I have been wearing this all month long paired with a more toned down light eye.  
For my nail polish favorites, I have two, and they are Nicole by OPI in Show You Care  and OPI in Everyday is Oktoberfest.  I have been loving darker purples and reds for the fall and these two are just the perfect colors.  
Show You Care
Everyday Is Oktoberfest
My favorite scent for this month has been Cinnamon Sugared Donut by Bath & Body Works.  I have burned this one so much in the past few weeks, I have less than half of it left! This smells so yummy when its burning. 

My last favorite of the month is a fashion favorite and it is this pair of booties that I picked up at Target at the end of September.  To say that I have been loving these is an understatement.  I wear these every chance I get.  They just really amp up any outfit.  The booties themselves are a faux suede with faux leather on the back 1/4 of the boot as well as the buckles.  They are still available (click here) and they also come in grey and taupe.  

So those are my favorites for October! I hope you guys enjoyed reading!

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment