Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Too Faced Natural Eyes


I don't know about you, but I love eye shadow palettes and I always find that I use them much more often than single shadows or even duos.  I think you get a lot of product for a great value and it is also a great way to try out a brand and get a range of shades and finishes.  

Today, I am going to be reviewing the recently updated/improved Too Faced Natural Eyes palette. This retails for $36, so a little less expensive than say the Naked palettes, but a little bit smaller as well. 
This is the third Too Faced palette that I now own and I can say, I am pretty impressed so far with all of them and I definitely want to try out more of their products. 

I really like the packaging of this palette. If you are familiar with Too Faced, you'll know that all of these types of palettes were previously packaged in fairly bulky cardboard packaging.  They have re-vamped the packaging and added 3 new shades.  The palette is slim and compact, which is great for travel.  The material is a tin, like the Chocolate Bar palette I reviewed last week, which I love because it is durable and it is also about half the size of that one.  It has a magnetic closure as well. 


There are a total of 9 shades and of those, 4 are matte and 5 are shimmer/glitter shades.  Like the name of the palette, the shades are all natural/neutral and great for every day as well as a night out.  They have them arranged in the palette so that each row gives you a different look.  The top row is "Day" and all matte, the middle is "Classic" with some pretty shimmery shades and the bottom is "Fashion" and you get a matte shade as well as a gold and a dark brown. 

The three new shades are Nudie, Chocolate Martini and Cashmere Bunny. The names are so adorable and a little sexy.  As you can see, like the Chocolate Bar palette, they have made the lightest shades the largest.  I like that they do this because they are most often used, whether for an all over the lid shade and/or highlighting.  You can tell that I have been using this quite a bit as it is looking a tad messy.  I have really been loving the top row for my natural easy every day shadows and sometimes digging into the second and third row for some added drama. 

 Heaven: Matte cream shade.  Great for all over the lid and a highlight. 

Cashmere Bunny: Matte cool medium brown.  Great for crease color. 

Sexpresso: Matte deep rich chocolate brown.  Great outer V and liner shade.

Silk Teddy: Shimmery pink-y champagne.  Great all over lid and inner corner highlight.

Push-Up: Shimmer medium coppery brown.  Great lid color.

Erotica: Shimmery rich charcoal brown.  Great outer V color.

Nudie: Matte cool nude.  Great all over lid and/or crease color.

Honey Pot: Shimmery gold.  Great all over lid color and/or liner for that pop. 

Chocolate Martini: Shimmery chocolate brown.  Great outer V color. 

I am loving this palette so much right now.  If you are a lover of neutrals and looking to try something out from this brand, I would highly recommend this palette.  It is great for traveling and a great palette with a mix of mattes and shimmers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment