Wednesday, June 4, 2014

May Favorites!



There are absolutely no excuses for why I have not been posting much lately.  But the weather here has been amazing, when means that I am outside as much as possible soaking it up.  It is also birthday/holiday season around here so there have been many birthday outings and celebrations that have been going on.  

All excuses aside, I am finally putting up my May favorites!! Whooooo! May was an awesome month! The weather has finally been really good around here and that means that I have been wearing less makeup and lots of shorts and tank tops.

First up....

Two body products I have been loving are the Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream and the Tarte Brazilliance Face and Body Self Tanner.  

The Jergens lotions has been really nice as an everyday lotion. It says it hydrates and smoothes, brightens and illuminates, evens skin tone, visibly firms skin and minimizes the appearance of imperfections.  After using almost the entire bottle, I definitely feel that has evened my skin tone, firmed, illuminated and smoothes out my skin.  I wish it wasn't $12 for a bottle, but I will definitely be repurchasing this very soon. 

Because it is that time of year when the shorts and tank tops come out, I needed something to bronze up my skin a bit and I have been hearing a lot about the Tarte Brazilliance Face and Body Self Tanner.  I went out and bought a mini to try out and oh my goodness, this stuff is amazing!!! I apply it with a mitt all over my body and my face and it gives the most amazing "just back from the beach" tan.  It has a color guard, so it comes out very dark and drys fast, so work quickly.  It looks so natural and lasts through showers and shaving! I will be purchasing a full size as soon as I'm out of this mini. 


You might find a pattern, that I seem to have 2 favorites for every category.  I did not do this on purpose, I swear.  But any who, I have two hair products that I have been loving, the Batiste Dry Shampoo Light & Blonde and the Toni&Guy Sea Salt Texturising Spray.

I decided to try out the ever popular Batiste dry shampoo when I saw it one day at Marshalls and I am in love.  I have since run out of this one and purchased another.  I didn't mind the blonde color, it was a little more yellow that blonde, but I just wanted to try out another scent in the original formula.  I love the smell and it leaves my hair so soft and clean looking. 

I have been pretty lazy on the hairstyle front and so I have just been twisting my hair into two buns after drying and letting it set for about 15 minutes.  I then take them down and shake my hair out and I am left with really pretty beachy waves.  I like to add a bit of the Toni&Guy Sea Salt Texurising Spray to give it some hold and a bit more texture and wave. 


My two makeup favorites have been the new Maybelline Pumped Up Colossal Volum' Express Mascara in Glam Black and the Almay Liquid Lip Balm in Cantaloupe.

I have actually heard a lot of people say they don't like this mascara, which is really funny because I usually don't like many drugstore mascaras and I really like this one.  I think it gives great volume, okay length and it lasts all day with no flaking or smudging.   The only downside is that it does tend to get on my eyelids when applying, but I just wait a minute or so and then just wipe it off with a Q-tip and it just comes right off without ruining my makeup.


I have also been loving this Almay Liquid Lip Balm in Cantaloupe, especially on days that I am not wearing a lot of makeup.  I originally didn't think too much of this when I bought it, but the color is really nice and natural.  The texture is just so-so for me, nothing special, but not bad.  The color is the main thing I love and the fact that it seems to soak into my lips and it looks even more natural.  


I have two nail polish favorites as well, and one of these is a repeat favorite from last summer and the other is new.  They are China Glaze Shocking Pink and Flip Flop Fantasy. They are both super bright neon.  Flip Flop Fantasy is a pretty popular color, or was anyway, and is a really bright neon orange/coral.  I have had this on my toes for almost 2 months now and it is the perfect color! It makes my feet look nice and tan.  I have been enjoying Shocking Pink, a bright neon medium pink, on my nails.  Again, makes my hands look really tan.  The only problem I have is that they both chip, on my finger nails at least, really quickly.  I need to find a solution to this problem, yesterday. 


My last two favorites are fragrances, Taylor by Taylor Swift and Smell Bent St. Tropez Dispenser.  These are the only fragrances I have been wearing for the past month or so.  I talked about the Taylor by Taylor Swift perfume in a recent haul.  I recently got the St. Tropez fragrance in a POPSUGAR Must Have Box and it smells like you just got back from the beach, like sun tan lotion and coconut. This is my weekend, easy breezy fragrance.  It makes me so happy when I smell it and it is so perfect for summer time.  

My last favorite is dry brushing.  I started dry brushing my skin a few weeks ago and I have noticed a huge difference in my skin.  It is smoother, more radiant and I have even noticed a decrease in cellulite.  Most of us have it, so why talk about something that helps diminish it?  I do it right before every shower.  I have just looked up photos of the directions in which you are supposed to brush the skin, but if you all would like a more in depth post on it, I can do that as well.  

Those are all of my May favorites! May was such a great month and I have a feeling June will be just as good, if not better.  

What are your favorites from this month?

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment