Monday, March 17, 2014

March Ipsy Bag

March Ipsy Bag

Hello ladies,

I am back today with another subscription box/bag post.  Today's is all about the March Ipsy bag.  The theme this month is Destination Beauty.  I definitely plan on doing some traveling this spring and summer, so maybe some of these products will be going with me.

First off, I hate the pattern on the bag.  There is just something about it that turns me off, I will be throwing this in my drawer of makeup bags, probably to give away.

1. bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick - Get Ready
Sample size: 0.05 oz
Sample worth: $7.50

I was so excited to see this in the bag this month! I have never tried one of these lipsticks and I am always up for new lip products, especially from bareMinerals since I love Buxom products so much.  This is a great sample size. The color is a really pretty every day rosy pink and the finish is satin.  It smells quite nice also, a little minty and chocolately? I may be way off on that one, but I swear I can smell chocolate. 

Top: bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Get Ready
Bottom: Chella Indigo Blue Eyeliner Pen
2. Chella Indigo Blue Eyeliner Pen
Sample size: 0.034 fl oz
Sample worth: $24.00

I've gotten a few Chella products in my Ipsy bags and I am really excited about this one.  The color is beautiful and when I tried to wipe this off my hand a few minutes later it did not budge, even with a good about of pressure.  I was impressed.  

Use code EYELINER to receive 25% off any purchase at chella.com thru 4/15

3. Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer
Sample Size: 0.4 fl oz
Sample Worth: $9.00

If I recall correctly, we have gotten a Pixi primer in the past and I remember that I could not stand the smell of it, so I gave it away.  This one, thankfully, doesn't have much of a smell at all.  It has a pink tone to it, so it seems to be a brightening primer, which is great in my book. 

Use code FlawlessPixi to receive 25% off any purchase at pixibeauty.com thru 4/15

 4. NYX Love in Rio Eye Shadow Palette - Voodoo Love Spells
Sample size: ???
Sample worth: $6.00

Normally I wouldn't be too excited about getting a NYX product since I can buy them at Ulta for pretty cheap, but this actually looked like something I would use on an everyday basis.  The colors are very neutral and pretty.  After doing some swatches, the pigmentation isn't the greatest, but I will definitely test them out with some primer underneath.  

Use code IPSYBB to receive 25% off NYX Butter Lip Balm at nyxcosmetics.com thru 4/15


Total bag worth: $46.50

I really have to give a round of applause to Ipsy for always having amazing products and great sample sizes in their bags.  They really do almost never disappoint. I am excited to try out every single product in this bag that I paid only $10 for!

Are you subscribed to Ipsy? Let me know what products you received this month!

XOXO
Kristen


No comments:

Post a Comment