Saturday, March 8, 2014

Huge Haul: Fashion, skin care, makeup, candles, ect...


Hello everyone!

I hope you are ready for this, but I have done some serious shopping in the last couple weeks.  Usually when I start longing for spring, my shopping addiction kicks in just a teensy bit more and I just keep seeing things that would be so perfect for spring time.  Well, it finally hit above 40 degrees here yesterday and it just fueled the fire. 

This is going to be a pretty all over the place haul.  I have a couple clothing items, some jewelry, a lot of makeup, skin care, hair care and candles.  You name it, its in here.  I hope you are ready for a long haul, in both senses. 



To start off this humongous haul, we have Bath & Body Works.  I went a couple weeks ago when their candles were on sale so I could pick up a few new spring scents. I picked up three candles and I had a coupon for a free item and so I decided on one of their new foaming soaps. 

Paris Daydream - This smells so fresh, so I knew my husband would like it and it just gives off a very calming scent.  I have been burning this one for the past week and I think I'm almost half way through it.  So even when it is 20 or 30 degrees out, this makes me think of freshly watered grass and flowers. 
Rendezvous in the City of Love with our "Oh, so French" blend of watery notes, moss and mandarin
 Lilac Blossom - I bought this candle last year and I was surprised then of how much I loved it.  I never used to like floral fragrances, but now, especially around early springtime, I adore them.  They are so beautiful and fresh and happy smelling.  Does that make sense?
Delightful lily of the valley blossoms and violets surround lush lilac in this soothing springtime fragrance
 Cinnamon Sugared Doughnut - Oh. My. Goodness.  I had bought four of these a year and a half ago during a flash sale on their website never having smelled this or realizing just how much I was going to fall in love.  I have one left from that haul and I have been savoring it and I will be savoring this one as well.  This smells so amazingly sweet and sugary.  Pretty much exactly like you think it would smell. 
Share the delight of a freshly-baked vanilla cake doughnut covered in sugar crystals and crushed cinnamon
 I had a coupon for a free item and decided on a soap to put in either my bathroom or kitchen.  I can't exactly remember how this smells, but I think it was fresh and floral.
A lush paradise of tropical Hawaiian orchid and iced papaya

I had been wanting to try out one of the Revlon Photoready Skinlights Face Illuminator for a while, but wanted to wait for them to go on sale somewhere because they were around $12 I believe.  That is a lot to spend on a drugstore makeup product that you aren't even sure you will like.  I picked one up the other week in the shade Bare Light.  I have only used it a couple of times and it gives a beautiful glow to the face.  I have applied it before foundation, mixed in with foundation and just on top of my cheekbones.  On my cheekbones was my favorite application because it was the most noticeable there and looked gorgeous. 

 I have been wanting to try a cream bronzer for contouring for a while now and I got a sample of the Maybelline Fit Me! stick foundation in a magazine and decided to give the darkest shade a go.  I have heard and seen people use a dark foundation as a contour shade.  I have been loving this!  It is so easy to apply, I just swipe it where I want it and then blending it in with a foundation brush.  I really like the creamy-ness and blendability of this foundation.  I feel like this looks so natural and will be perfect for warmer weather. 


I am so late on this bandwagon, but I have heard so much hype about the NYX Butter Glosses that I had to pick one up.  I couldn't believe they were only $4.99! I picked up the shade Creme Brulee, a neutral toned pinky nude, first and have been wearing it non-stop since.  It is so creamy, smells amazing (like cake!) and feels really good on the lips.  I like that they have a decent amount of pigmentation, but are not completely opaque.  I picked up the color Cherry Chesse Cake, an hot coral/orange, today on my quest of finding more peach and orange toned lip colors. 

Top: Creme Bruleee
Bottom: Cherry Cheese Cake
 Another product I have been hearing so much about are the Maybelline Master Hi-Light Hi-Lighting Blushes and Bronzers. I have been seeing this all over YouTube and people just rave about them.  Now I know why.  I picked up the shade Light Bronze and it has bricks of a dark bronze, medium bronze, creamy highlight and light pink.  This looks so good applied as a blush.  It gives a really pretty pinky-bronze glow.  I like that this doesn't have any glitter in it, but has a really pretty sheen.  I definitely want to pick up a couple other shades.  



I also decided to pick up a Maybelline Master Glaze stick blush when I was buying the other blush/bronzer.  I decided on the color Coral Sheen.  You may notice a coral theme running through this haul.  It is a color I cannot get enough of.  I had heard a little bit about these, but was pleasantly surprised with out pigmented this is, how easily blendable it is and how light it feels on this skin.  Maybelline is really on point. 


I went to go paint my nails the other day and was looking for a medium pink in my collection only to realize I don't have one! I had really hot pinks and really pale pinks, corals, reds, but no medium pinks.  So today I was on a mission to find a pretty pink nail polished that will be perfect for spring and summer.  I decided on Essie Cute As A Button.  This will be painted on my nails as soon as I finish putting up this blog. I have eyed this color from Essie for a while and the color is so pretty and happy looking. 

My local grocery store was having some awesome sales last week and I had coupons as well and picked up these three items: Jergens BB Body, Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Shampoo, Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser Strength Reconstructing Butter. I have been wanting to try out the BB Body cream for over a month when I first saw it at Target.  I have not used it yet, as my legs are still being covered up every day with pants.  I may test it out one day soon just to see how it works and report back to you guys.  As far as the shampoo and conditioner, I am always looking for products to put moisture back into my color treated hair.  I have not used either of these yet, but as soon as my current ones are used up these will be in my shower. 

I was looking for a new top coat the other weekend because I haven't been happy with the Julep one and my other Sally Hansen Quick Dry top coat was so low that it was becoming impossible to get any on the brush.  I have heard good things about this one and decided to give it a try.  I have only used it once, but so far, so good. 

The one skin care item I picked up, was sort of an impulse buy.  I have been looking for an eye cream for a couple months and just decided to get the Olay Total Effects 7 in One Anti-Aging Eye Treatment while I was at Target.  I wanted one that was anti-aging, because it is never to early to start on that right? This product claims to fight seven signs of aging: reduces the appearance of wrinkles, reduces the appearance of dark circles, brightens the eye area, reduces the look of puffiness, balances and helps even skin tone, smooths and evens skin texture and provides nourishing moisturization.  I have only been using this for about a week and I don't have any wrinkles around my eyes yet (thank you good genes), so I don't want to say that "yes, it does all of those things".  I think I need to give it more time to really notice them, but I think it is important to use an eye cream to at least moisturize and brighten that area.   

The last makeup item I picked up has been on my wishlist since I first saw these online about a month ago. I decided to pick up one of the Clinique Cheek Pops and I got the color Peach Pop. I thought this color would be so great for spring and summer and I don't have a color like this in my collection.  I was totally sucked in by the outrageously cute packaging and the gorgeous colors.  I love the sheer wash of color you get with these.  If I end up loving this I will definitely go pick up more.  They are a bit more affordable at $21 than most blushes at Sephora.  I really do adore the clear acrylic packaging. 



I went into Kohls during my shopping extravaganza today and saw this top by the brand Apt. 9, tried it on and my goodness is it cute.  It has beautiful lace sleeves and it carries around to the upper back as well.  It is more fitted on top and a bit loose on the bottom.  

I also picked up another top by the brand Apt. 9 at Kohls last week.  This one is an open cardigan with subtle striping.  I love the hot coral color. 

I also went into Old Navy today to try on a pair of those Pixie pants they have been advertising.  Those didn't work out for me, but I did find this super cute drape-y cross over shirt in grey. This made my frame look very slim and I love the way it hugs in all the right spots. 

 Finally, the last item in this haul! It has been a long one.  I have a few midi rings that I have gotten at various places, but I have been wanting a few more.  I found these ones at Forever 21's accessory store.  I have been looking one with a bow and this one is perfect.  I am excited to wear these and just accessorize more in general. 

You made it! Thank you so much for taking the time to come to my blog and read my posts.  I really appreciate all of you so so much.  I have been having so much fun over the last year and a half posting things on here about makeup, skincare and some fashion.  It is a good way for me to get to talk about all of the things I love and share them with someone who is equally interested.

I hope you enjoyed this enormous haul and got some inspiration.  

What new products are you loving right now?
XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment