Thursday, January 23, 2014

Peek Inside My Everyday Makeup Drawer


 I recently moved my everyday makeup drawer from my Ikea Alex 9 Drawer to my Ikea Alex 5 Drawer that I recently bought to go under my makeup table. I love love love these drawer systems.  Although they seem a little pricey, they are very sturdy and are a great storage option.  Since I moved it to a different drawer, I also bought a clear 6 compartment storage tray from Target to help organize my products even more.  



Organizing is one of my favorite things to do around the house.  The more I can organize, the cleaner and neater my home will look and feel.  I am the person who just feels better and more relaxed with things are clean and organized.  I am really happy that I came across this clear organizer from Target.  It fits quite well in the drawers, it sits on top of the sides so it can slide from front to back and you have a slim amount of space under for flat items.  I think I may go out and buy a couple more of them for my other drawers.  


1. In the top left compartment I have the mascaras and eyeliners that I am currently using.  I have been trying to switch out my products weekly or bi-weekly to start using up more of what I have. 

  • Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara
  • Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Mascara (I actually just tossed this one into a drawer of stuff I don't want because I didn't like it)
  • POP Beauty Smokey Lash Kapow Mascara
  • NYX Liquid Liner
  • Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner in Black
2. In the middle compartment I have the foundations and concealers I am currently using, as well as my eyelash curler.  
  • Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation - 4.0
  • Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation - 160 Fresh Beige
  • Dermablend Smooth Indulgence SPF 20 Concealer - Almond
  • Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer - Light
  • Tarte Eyelash Curler
3. In the top right compartment I keep a couple random items that I don't always use, but want to keep on hand.
  • BeautyBlender (I have not used this in a while since I prefer the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush with my UD foundation)
  • Nivea Lip Butter - Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss
  • Random brush that came with some beauty product. 
4. In the middle right compartment I am keeping my primer and setting spray.
  • Urban Decay All-Nighter Makeup Setting Spray
  • Benefits Porefessional 
5. In the bottom right compartment I have my eyebrow products and my eye base.
  • MAC Painterly Paint Pot
  • Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara - I use this for my brow gel
  • Anastasia Brow Powder Duo - Medium Brown
6. In the bottom left compartment is where I have been putting products that I have forgotten about, don't get enough love, or have tried before.  I love having this here because it forces me to look at those products when putting my makeup on and so I use them.  I just recently switched a couple of these products out.
  • Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder - I have been using this to set my under eye concealer. I like it so far.
  • Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in R.S.V.P. - I bought this quite a while ago and was just not blown away by the formula.  I have swatched other colors and they feel amazing, I think I just got a bad one, or maybe the new formula is better. 
  • NARS Laguna Bronzer - I have a couple of these in different palettes, but I wanted to get this one used up before the others, so if I want to travel with the palettes I have it in there still.  
  • Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist - I want to like this, but the smell is bad and it does not come out in a mist, but more or less sprays you in the face in a non-pleasant way. Maybe its blocked up, but it still does not smell very good either.
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer - I think this was starting to dry up.  It wasn't going on smoothly at all, so I tossed this into my bag-o-empties. 

That is what my new everyday makeup drawer looks like! I hope you enjoyed.  

I am thinking of doing a "shop my stash" type of series every other week, or every month and show you the products that I have forgotten about or are just wanting to try out and then review them in the next post. 

I haven't come up with a name for it yet, so if you have any suggestions, please leave a comment below, I would appreciate it so much. 

Hope you all are having a wonderful January (come on spring!).  I will have my favorites post up sometime this week, so keep an eye out for that and I will see you all very soon!

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment