Saturday, February 1, 2014

January Favorites


Hello everyone,

First and foremost, is winter over yet?! Here in Michigan, we have had the worst weather in January and I am definitely ready for spring.  Any time now... Temperatures have been as low as -25 and we have broken the record for the snowiest January since the 70's! And it is snowing right now as I type.  Hooray...can you detect the sarcasm in the type?

Well, even though January was pretty awful, I still had a few beauty favorites I wanted to share with you all.  




1. The Body Shop - Satsuma Body Butter.  My goodness has my skin been dry this past month. I have been rummaging through my drawer-o-lotions (yes, that does exist) and came across this big guy.  Now, when I first got this (as a gift) I didn't love the smell of it and I thought that the very strong scent would irritate my skin, but the texture was amazing.  Well, I decided to give it another go for the sake of my skin and thank goodness I did! Apparently my taste in smell has changed, because I love this now.  It kind of smells like a delicious orange creamsicle, yum.  The texture is to die for.  It is a body butter, so it is thick, but the minute you put it on your skin and start to rub it in, it basically melts into your skin.  It feels heavenly and it doesn't take forever to skin into the skin.  It has really helped out my super dry skin and I will definitely be continuing to use this until it is all gone and I have to go buy another one.  

2. NARS - Laguna Bronzer - I stuck this little mini I have in my everyday makeup drawer to get some use out of it before I used up the ones I have in palettes and I have fallen in love, again.  I have a few bronzers and I usually like to switch it up, but lately, this is all I have been using.  It is a really great shade for my skin tone and it blends so nicely.

3. Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Concealer - Almond - I have started to use this concealer again because I have been breaking out a bit more than normal and this stuff is really full coverage and stays put all day.  This is one where a little bit goes a long way.

4. Viva La Juicy La Fleur Eau de Toilette Spray - I got this for Christmas from my mom because she knows just how much I love this and I have been wearing it every day since then.  It just smells so amazing.  The only down side is that the scent doesn't last as long as I wish it did.  It has just the right mix of fruity and floral.  

5. Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette - It wouldn't be a January Favorites without including the Naked 3 palette.  I definitely wore this about 80-85% of the days in January. The colors are so beautiful and I have really been loving the rosy tones in them.  I have done a full review on this if you want to read more and see swatches. 


Those are all of my January favorites.  There weren't too many, but I really have used this 5 products pretty much every single day last month, and will probably use them almost every day this month too!

I hope you all had a great January, hopefully better than mine!

What are your January Favorites?

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment