Tuesday, November 26, 2013

November Birchbox


Hello again,

Today's post, as you can probably see from the title, is all about my November Birchbox.  I know this is later than usual, but I got my box super late this month for one reason or another. This months theme is all about "more good".  As we all know, this time of year is all about giving thanks and helping others and just doing our best to give back.  This month Birchbox is donating a portion of every purchase from the Birchbox Shop to the No Kid Hungry charity that works to end childhood hunger.  

Also, I am trying out a new layout to some of my posts, so things may look a bit different.  Please let me know what you think, whether good or back, in the comments below. 

Lets' dive right in!





1. TOCCA | Crema da mano in Cleopatra | Full-size, $8-$20
"Loaded with natural oils, this grapefruit and cucumber lotion absorbs in a flash. Rub generously into hands - and anywhere you need a moisture boost."
I am already loving this.  My hands (my skin in general) become very dry in the colder months, so I am constantly putting lotion on.  I have to have lotion in my purse or on my desk at work at all times and I love that this, while a generous sample size, is still small enough to fit into my purse without taking up a ton of room.  And it doesn't hurt that it feels and smells amazing also.
Sample worth $5.00
Click here to view on Birchbox.com

2. LA FRESH | Acetone-Free Nail Polish Remover | Pack of 20, $9.99
"These biodegradable, chemical-free pads remove all traces of polish while fortifying nails.  Gently press the pad into each nail, and watch your chipped polish dissolve."
It is the month of nail polish remover pads? I do believe I got something similar in my POPSUGAR box this month as well, and I believe I expressed my bad experience with them long ago.  I will toss these into my sample drawer and maybe pull them out next time I want to paint my nails.  I am not to impressed with these for a sample.  
Sample worth $0.99
Click here to view on Birchbox.com

3. Chella | Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil | Full-size, $18
"This face illuminator brightens and contours - it can be applied 10 different ways!  Blend onto brow bones, cheekbones, or along lip line.  Go to our Magazine for a tutorial."
I actually already have one of these that I got in a previous Ipsy bag I believe.  I like it okay, but right now I am using other highlighters that I prefer.  This will be one of those products that I either give away or sell, but hooray for full-size!!!!
Sample worth $18
Click here to view on Birchbox.com

4. Aloxxi | Firm Hold Hairspray | Full-size, $18
"This stubborn-hold spray nixes flyaways and frizz, while also protecting hair color.  Holding can upright, spritz 10-12 inches from dry, styled hair."
While I don't necessarily need more hairspray at the moment, this one does intrigue me, in that it protects hair color from UV light.  It doesn't have an overly powerful smell, but smells okay.  I will definitely be trying this out soon.
Sample worth $3.00
Click here to view on Birchbox.com

5. Mighty Leaf | Tea Pouches | Full-size, $9.95
"Handpicked blend of organic tea leaves, dried fruits, and spices in a biodegradable pouch. Steep tea of choice in hot water using the directions on the satchel."
I really want to write into Birchbox and tell them to stop sending me tea.  I do not drink tea and I don't think I am going to start any time soon.  So many other people got chocolate in their boxes as their "lifestyle extra" this month, so I was quite disappointed when I opened my box to find no chocolate, but tea.  
Sample worth $1.99
Click here to view on Birchbox.com

Overall, this was not that great of a box for me.  I do like the lotion and I will definitely get use out of the hairspray, but I already have the Chella highlighter, I don't really use nail polish remover pads (and they are such a cheap sample) and I don't like tea.  I really hope next months box is much better than this one.

Total box worth $28.98

What are you most thankful for this month?

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment