Thursday, November 21, 2013

November Ipsy/MyGlam Bag


Hello there,

Its that time of the month again....Ipsy Bag! This little bag-o-goodies just gets me so excited every month.  They throw such amazing things in there and it's only $10 a month!  Go to Ipsy.com to check them out if you aren't familiar with the company.  

This months theme is "Glam It Up".  To be honest, I feel like a lot of their "themes" are pretty similar if not the same, not that I really care about the themes.  It's all about what comes in the bag, right?!

Lets dig in...

First up, the bag.  I don't know if I always talk about the actual bag that all of the products come in, but I am going to this time.  I really do not like this bag.  I think it looks really cheap and is just not that cute at all, in my opinion. Anywho, I'm not subscribed because of the bag, I want the makeup!


.em michelle phan | Lash Gallery Lengthening Mascara in Brown | $20

I love trying out new mascaras, so this will be fun to play with.  I usually go for volumizing vs. lengthening, but we will see how this one fares.  I know most people would be like "Brown?! Who wears brown mascara?".  I think this could be a great mascara for those days where you don't want a really dramatic look and a brown mascara can give you those really natural flirty lashes.  I also this brown mascara looks really good on fair haired and skinned ladies because it doesn't look quite as harsh and black does. The brush (which I forgot to take a photo of) is a natural bristle brush that has a curve to it. The formula has little fibers in it that attach to your own lashes, hence the "lengthening".

Use code ipsy30 to receive 30% off your purchase at emcosmetics.com thru 11/30




be a bombshell... | Lip Crayon in Hot Damn | $14

Lip crayons are seriously all the rage right now, they are everywhere.  Every brand is coming out with their own take on the crayon (I'll give it to Clinique for having the first) and I am really loving the craze.  They are so easy to apply, and the pointed end (that doesn't last forever) makes it easy to get that close and precise line on your lips.  I love this shade, a nice and bright matte red with orange undertones.  What a great color for the holidays. I have already worn this a couple times and it feels good on the lips (I always apply a light layer of lip balm under any lip product) and has good staying power as well. 

Use code IPSY40 to receive 40% off any purchase and a free Coco Delight Lip Gloss on beabombshellcosmetics.com thru 12/15




Pixi Beauty | Beauty Bronzer in Subtly Suntouched | $9 (?)

To say that this is really a bronzer, you would have to be as pale as can be.  When I swatched this it barely showed up on my skin and looked more like a pink/peach highlight.  I tried to photograph it, but it just wouldn't show up at all.  I don't dislike the product, I think I will definitely try this out as a highlight or maybe an eyeshadow, but definitely not a bronzer.  The reason I put a question mark next to the price is because they only sell this product with a kabuki brush, which would have been nice to get as well, but I didn't get that.  So I wasn't completely sure what the price would be so I just cut it in half.  

Use code BronzePixi to receive 25% off your purchase on pixibeauty.com thru 12/15





Starlooks | Gem Eye Pencil in Amethyst | $14

Oh joy, another Starlooks eye pencil.  I know I have gotten 1 or 2 of these already and I don't use them because they aren't that good, especially for $14!  I prefer the Urban Decay 24/7 for $19 much more, or even a lot of drugstore pencils are better.  They just aren't soft enough to be putting on your eye.  I don't think I would use this color anyway, it looks like it would be a bit too frosty/shimmery for my liking.  I didn't even want to unwrap it since I'll either give this away or sell it on ebay (which by the way, I do sell a lot of my unused cosmetics and nail polish on ebay under the username Kris71186 if you are interested)

Use code Ipsy to receive 40% off your purchase on starlooks.com thru 12/15




Nailtini | Straight Up Color Nail Lacquer in Caviar Cocktails | $13

This is another product that we seem to get a lot of in this bag.  Not that I don't like nail polish, but I just really don't like this color.  This product is a take it or leave it for me, but I will probably end up selling it on ebay or giving it away.  Gunmetal or silvery gray colors aren't my favorite for nail polish. 

Use code ipsy4glam to receive 50% off and a FREE eyeliner with every purchase of $25 or more on tinibeauty.com thru 12/31


HSI Professional | Argan Oil Leav-in Hair Treatment | $5

I am actually pretty excited to try this hair oil out.  I don't have one that I am loving right now, so I've been going without.  Since it is getting colder out and the air is drier, I am going to need something like this to keep the moisture in my hair.  The scent is okay, kind of perfum-y, but the texture feels nice.

Use code IPSY50SS to receive 50% off any purchase on hsiprofessional.com thru 12/20



Total bag worth $75.00!

Wowza, I believe that is the highest value of any bag I have gotten so far.  Every product, except the hair oil, was full-size.  I may not love everything in the bag, but the value is really just amazing.  I cannot believe that I only paid $10 for this bag and it came with $75 worth of products.  

If that isn't proof enough that this is a great service, then I don't know what is.

Are you subscribed to Ipsy?

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment