Friday, July 5, 2013

Products I have recently used up


Hello again!

I really should have done this post like a month ago, but I didn't, and now it is going to be really long.  I have a ton of stuff I have used up since my last post like this.  

Are you ready to go through my trash?!

First up, no surprise, makeup wipes!  I have 3 of the Yes To Grapefruit cleansing wipes and 1 Yes To Cucumbers cleansing wipes.  I love this brand of makeup wipes, they are very moist and do a great job of getting my makeup off without being rough on my skin.  I have clearly been loving the grapefruit one quite a bit lately.  I love the smell and they feel really great on my skin.  I have already repurchased another package of these and I will continue to repurchase them over and over again.  Definitely all time favorite. 

Next up, I have 3 bottles of the Jergens Natural Glow gradual self tanner (2 for the body, 1 for the face).  I have been a fan of this stuff since it first came out and I really like this basically to keep up my tan in the warmer months and to give me a little bit of color in the colder months.  I like the newer formula, it doesn't smell as bad and it is a bit thicker of a lotion.  A lot of people have asked me lately if I have been tanning, but nope, just this lotion.  I was somewhat skeptical at first about the face moisturizer, thinking it would be really heavy and greasy and would break me out, but I have had nothing but great results and moisturized skin from it.  I have already repurchased both a face and body lotion.  

I have FINALLY used up this Mary Kay Eye Makeup Remover.  I have had this forever, but forgot about it for a while.  I really do like this, I wish it was more readily available for me to purchase again.  I would like to, but it can be such a hassle to have to order it through someone. But I definitely recommend this one. It is very gentle and doesn't burn the eyes at all.  

Next, I have used up two (probably almost three) of the Maybelline Define-a-Brow in dark blonde.  I have loved this pencil for about a year and have tried a couple things in that year, but they just don't compare to this.  I am interested in trying out some of the Anastasia brow products in the future, but for now, this drugstore cheapie is my favorite. 

Next up, the Chella Eyebrow Defining Gel. I really liked this and I wish I knew where I could find it.  After I used this up, I decided to try out the Maybelline Clear Mascara because I had heard people talk about it and say that it was great.  It's okay, I don't love it.  It is a bit thick for my liking, so I would eventually like to find this one or something similar.  

A sample! Woo! I used up the Juice Beauty Stem Celluar Repair CC Cream in Warm Glow. I really like this, especially on those super hot, I don't want to wear makeup, but I want to look great days.  It gives just enough coverage for me and warms my skin tone up just a little and gives me a nice summer glow.  I am not sure if I will end up splurging on this once my other little sample is gone, but I really do like this a lot. 

I have used up two of the Dove Dry Shampoo.  I do like this, but I think I may try a different brand when I go out to get more (tomorrow).  I have heard great things about Batiste so I may try to find that one.  But this one is great for the price and I will probably pick this up again soon. 

I have gone through three bottles of hairspray. Well, one bottle and two minis.  I do like the Tresemme Tres Two Hairspray but I like the Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play a lot better, I just wish it wasn't so expensive.  I have already repurchased the Tresemme hairspray after debating on whether I should splurge on the Big Sexy Hair one or not.  Clearly, the cheaper of the two won. 

One of my girlfriends who also subscribes to Birchbox had gotten a sample of the Oscar Blandi Texture & Volume Spray in one of her boxes but didn't like it, so she gave it to me, and coincidentally, I used it up.  I really want to go out a buy this now... I may do it tomorrow (I am going out for my birthday and want my curls to last!).  I love this stuff, if you have fine/flat hair like me this is great for adding some texture to your hair and gives your curls something to hold on to and amps up the volume of your hair as well.  

I have also used up my Aveda Pure Abundance spray.  I'm not sure if I liked this any better than the volumizing tonic that they also sell, but I do love putting a volumizing spray at my roots before I blow dry my hair. I don't think I will run out to repurchase this exact one, but I do want to get a volumizing spray soon. 

I finally used up this Paul Mitchell Clarifying Shampoo.  I only like to use a clarifying shampoo maybe once a week, like a deep clean at the end of the week, so this took me a long long time to use up.  I did like it, it smelled great,  but I have already purchased a new clarifying shampoo that was significantly cheaper that I think works just as well. 

I have used up three Bath & Body Works soaps (I may have accidentally already recycled a few others).  I love having a great smelling soap in my kitchen and bathroom.  I usually keep a few more soaps stocked under the counter for backup, so they have already been replaced with different scents of B&BW soaps.  

Technically I haven't really used this up, but I did pour it into my nail polish remover tub that you can stick your finger in and swirl it around to get the polish off.  I pretty much buy whatever nail polish is cheap and that has some kind of nourishing quality to it, so I am not partial to one brand or the other. 


Wow, that is a long post, sorry! But I do hope you enjoyed sifting through my trash.  These are all of the products that I have used up since the beginning of April.  

What products have you used up lately?

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment