Saturday, June 1, 2013

May Favorites!

Hello everyone!

I cannot believe that yet another month has passed. May was such a great month, I'm sad its over.  I took my niece to her first concert (Taylor Swift!) and I went to Las Vegas with two of my friends and my mom for a nice vacation.  Although I am sad this month is over, I am excited for June and all it has to bring, lots of birthdays and warm weather and possibly a new job!

Any who, enough rambling.  Most of my favorites this month are geared towards warm weather/sweat proof because it has been pretty darn hot here and because I went on vacation where it was 100 degrees every day. 
First up, the Revlon Photoready BB Cream in Medium.  If you have read my review blog on this product, you will know that I have been LOVING it for the past month.  It gives just enough coverage to smooth out my skin tone, but still let my skin show through.  It has a very natural finish and I love that it has SPF, perfect for the summer. 
Click here to view on Target.com

I am so glad that I decided to take my Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Concealer with me on vacation, because after one day of being in the sun, my current concealer had become too light (I tan very easily, thanks mom!).  I got this concealer in a Birchbox, and I loved it when I first got it, but it was a bit too dark for me if I wasn't self tanning regularly.  But after a day in the sun, it started to match better AND it has SPF 20! I have been using this every day since then and I love it.  It gives just enough coverage and doesn't crease on me.  
Click here to view on Birchbox.com
My next favorite of the month is my MAC blush in Peachtwist.  This looks so great when I have a bit of color to my skin.  It has more of a bronze look on your cheeks, which I love in the warmer months. This is very pigmented and I have to make sure to use a light hand with this. I have probably worn this almost every day for about 3 weeks. 
Click here to view on maccosmetics.com


My next favorite of the month has been my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle. I usually skip this step in my makeup routine, but lately I have been the extra seconds to lightly highlight my cheekbones, nose and cupids bow.  It just adds a little something extra to my makeup and I have been loving that glow-y look. 
Click here to view on maccosmetics.com


I have started using my Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad To The Bronze again this month and I have been really enjoying using cream products on my lids for an easy bronze looks. All of the color tattoos are so great.  They are easy to apply and last all day long.  
Click here to view on Target.com


I have one lip favorite of the month and it is the Cover Girl Jumbo Gloss Balm in Watermelon Twist. This has been such a great product to just keep in my bag and I can apply it on the go. It gives my lips a nice wash of a medium pink that looks great with everything.  I wore this just about every day on my vacation and quite a bit since then as well. I really like how easy these are to apply because they are pointed and they just twist up. 
Click here to view on Target.com

This next favorite is a skin care favorite and it is the Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment. I have previously been using the Neutrogena Rapid Clear, which seems pretty similar, but I definitely feel that this one works much better.  I don't have a lot of acne at all, but once in a while, when I feel a spot coming on, I will dab this on it (you can use this three times a day) and it helps clear it up pretty fast.  I also like that this tube is about two or three times the size of the Neutrogena one and it costs about the same or less.  

My last favorite of this month has been this sample of Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play hairspray.  I received this in an Ipsy bag a few months ago and started using it just before my vacation and have only used this since then and now I have completely used it up.  I really love how this holds my hairstyle all day and doesn't feel heavy.  
Click here to view on Target.com

And those are all of my favorites for the month of May. I am really looking forward to June, lots of birthdays and warm summer nights with friends.  I hope you all had a great May and have an even greater June.

What products have you been loving recently?

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment