Sunday, January 6, 2013

Urban Decay Naked Basics Swatches and Review

Hello there ladies!

So, many of you may have hear about the new Urban Decay Naked Basics palette that came out recently.  Well, I happened to pick this up (to put in my stocking for Christmas, lol) a few weeks before Christmas.  



So I did some swatches and have been using this almost every day since Christmas day.  I love this palette.  I had been looking for some great matte eyeshadows and I am so glad that they came out with this.  I usually combine this with either my Naked or Naked 2 palette.  If you really don't like matte shadows, then this palette is not for you.  There are 5 matte shades and 1 shimmery highlight. 
(left to right) Venus (shimmery), Foxy (matte), Walk of Shame (matte), Naked 2 (matte), Faint (matte), Crave (matte)
The quality of the shadows are what to be expected from Urban Decay, very smooth and buttery.  Very pigmented and easy to apply. 

(left to right) Venus, Foxy, Walk of Shame, Naked 2, Faint, Crave. 
Venus is the only shimmery shade in the palette.  It is a really light pearly white color. Foxy is a repeat from the Naked 2 and is a light yellow matte shade.  Walk of Shame (or W.O.S.) is a light nude color that is matte.  Naked 2 is a nice matte taupe shade.  Faint is a medium chocolate brown matte shade. Crave is a very dark black/brown matte shade.  

I am really liking this palette. It has a great price point at $27.  Sometimes I wear the matte shades on their own, or pair them with some shimmery shades from the Naked or Naked 2 palette.  I think this is a really nice edition to the Naked line.  If, like me, you have been on the hunt for some great matte eyeshadows, definitely check this palette out.  

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment