Thursday, January 10, 2013

Drugstore Haul!

Hello ladies!


So, I have a haul to share with you from some shopping that I have done over the past couple weeks from Target, Meijer and CVS.  I picked up a few new products out there and some that I have seen people rave about lately.  I have tried out a few of these but most of them I picked up today from CVS.  Lets jump right in!

The first item I picked up was one of the new Maybelline Color Whisper lip colors. The first one I picked up was Rose of Attraction and I like it so much I picked up Lust For Blush and I love this one just as much!  These are similar to the Loreal Colour Riche Balms but more pigmented and these don't have a smell to them. They are very moisturizing and just easy to wear. Rose of Attraction is a sheer bright pink with some shimmer to it and Lust For Blush is a sheer nude/pink/mauve.  Both are very wearable for every day.  I will most definitely be picking more of these up. 
Rose of Attraction, Lust For Blush
Rose of Attraction, Lust For Blush
Rose of Attraction (top)
Lust For Blush (bottom)
 The next item is another lip product and it is the Loreal Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain.  I saw this while making a quick stop at Meijer (grocery store) and decided to pick one up because it looked like it might be similar to the YSL Glossy Stain.  I am still a bit undecided about this.  I may pick this up in one other color to really make my decision.  It does become a little bit sticky after a little while, but nothing that really makes me not want to wear it.  The color isn't very pigmented and just kind of makes my lips a bright pink, not exactly what the color looks like on the applicator. So far, so so. 





I picked these two up today because I have heard so much about Wet 'n Wild and specifically about these two blushes in Heather Silk and Mellow Wine.  And Wow, I am impressed so far with just the swatches.  These seem very pigmented and am excited to try these out and give a more in depth review.  Heather Silk is a matte blush in a medium rosy pink color.  Mellow Wine  is a deeper peachy bronze with a little bit of shimmer to it. 

Heather Silk
Mellow Wine
Heather Silk (top)
Mellow Wine (bottom)
 While I was at CVS today, I saw that they had a ton of products marked down 50 and 75% off and I saw this Revlon Photoready Cream Blush in Coral Reef marked down 75%!!! I ended up paying $3.25 for this and the original price was $12.99 I think.  I could not pass this up because I have been wanting this ever since it came out over the summer but just could not justify spending that much on a drugstore blush.  This is super creamy and very easily blend-able.  



This is another thing I decided to grab because it was on sale for 50% was this Physicians Formula Bronze Booster in fair/light. I may end up taking this back and exchanging it for a darker one because this is WAY to light, even for someone who is paler than me.  This is definitely more of a highlight color than a bronzer.  I tried to swatch it, but it just doesn't show up at all.  



And again, here is another item I picked up because it was on sale, one of the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Strips. I think it is absolutely crazy that these are originally $10! These are a bit more of a brighter coral color than it looks.  I am excited to put these on, I love the color. 

I picked up this Revlon Colorstay Nail Polish in Pale Cashmere while at Target the other day. I've heard wonderful things about this and I have been looking for a light pinky nude color for my nails.  I put this on yesterday and I LOVE it! It is such a gorgeous color.  I posted a picture on my Instagram if you want to check it out. (kris71186)

And the last thing I picked up, also from Target, is this Dove Dry Shampoo. I currently have the Tresemme one and I really don't like it.  It leaves a very dirty hair texture and I just thought that is what dry shampoos did, until I started hearing people rave about dry shampoos.  And then I heard a few people say how much they hated the Tresemme one, so I decided to pick up this one and give it a go.  Tomorrow is a no wash day so I'll spray some one and see how that goes. 

So, these are all of the products that I've picked up over the past couple weeks.  I hope you enjoyed this haul and maybe got some ideas of new products to try out. 

Is there anything out there that you think I should try out??

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment