Monday, January 14, 2013

I ♥ Drugstore Makeup Tag!

Hello ladies!

I have been trying to think of some blog post ideas and I have seen the I ♥ Drugstore Makeup tag go around a lot on YouTube and thought that I would post my response to the questions on here! So, If you're interested in seeing what drugstore items I like and dislike, keep reading!

1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand?

This was a toss up between Maybelline and Revlon, but I think that Maybelline won this time because they have just come out with some amazing products this year and after looking through my collection, I've found that I use more Maybelline products than Revlon.  I love the Color Tattoos, their mascaras, the Dream Lumi Touch concealer and the Define-A-Brow. 

2. What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products? 

My favorite face product has to be the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup.  I use this when I am looking for a full coverage look.  This has such a nice texture to it, very easy to apply and really stays on all day.  The only negative is the smell.  It has plastic smell that isn't too appealing. 

My favorite cheek product has to be the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny.  This is such a great bronzer, especially since its only $3!  Its matte, comes off as a very natural bronze and has the texture of a bronzer that you would expect of something high end.

My favorite lip products of the moment are the Maybelline Color Whispers.  I have only had them for a few weeks, but they are all I have been wearing.  They are just so creamy and moisturizing and give the lips a nice sheer wash of color. I've picked up one more since my last post and I definitely think I will be picking up some more. 

But since I have loved and still to love the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters, I have to throw them in here as well.  Who doesn't love these? They are super creamy and moisturizing and they come in wide variety of colors.  

3.  Least favorite product?
My least favorite product is the Maybelline Master Shape eyebrow pencil.  I bought this about a month ago because they didn't have the Define-A-Brow in my color and I NEEDED an eyebrow pencil so I decided that since I liked the other Maybelline one, maybe I would like this one too. Nope.  I. Hate. This. It is so waxy and just pulls my eyebrow hairs together and it just a mess. Worst buy in a long time. 

4. What is the best makeup bargain?

I think the best makeup bargain has to be the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder.  You just can't beat this for $3. Like I said above, it has a great texture and color and because its matte, it is great for contouring. 

5.  What is your favorite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked) 
I think that a lot of people don't talk about Mary Kay products, myself as well, but they do have some amazing products.  Their mineral foundation is awesome as well as their blushes.  I need to start using those more often. 

6.  Show your best drugstore dupe(s)!!
 I have one, and maybe you've already hear of it, but the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Beige is a pretty darn good dupe for the MAC Paintpot in Bare Study.  I love both of these.  I am someone who has to have an eye base because I have pretty vein-y eyelids and these both do the job when I'm looking for a shimmery base.

7.  Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?
I had heard so many people talk about the Loreal Voluminous Million Lashes Carbon Black so I decided to pick it up and I just hate it.  The formula is so wet and makes my lashes clump together and they end up just looking awful. 


So there you have it! I hope you enjoyed!

XOXO
Kristen.

No comments:

Post a Comment