Saturday, January 19, 2013

January Ipsy Bag!

Hello again!

I received my January Ipsy Bag in the mail yesterday and was quite impressed with what they threw in this months bag and I just could not wait to share it with you all! The theme for January is "Super Stars". So lets get to it!

First of all, I am liking the bag this month.  It's a little bigger than their normal ones and the inside is navy with stars! How cute!

The first thing, that wasn't in the bag because it was too big, is the SOHO crease brush.  I have seen these at the CVS by my house and have been fairly tempted to pick a few up but so far have been able to not cave.  Well thank goodness, because I got on in my Ipsy bag! I used it this morning and so far so good.  It's very soft and blends shadows very well.  The handle is supposed to be ergonomic so it has some indents where your fingers are supposed to go, which is alright, nothing spectacular. I definitely think I may be picking a few more of these up when I go to CVS next. 
Retails for $8.99 on sohobeauty.com
"sample" worth: $8.99
I am EXTREMELY excited that they put in a bottle of the Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan oil. I have heard amazing things about this and there are a ton of uses for it.  You can use it as a daily moisturizer, hair treatment, body moisturizer, nail treatment or bath oil.  What a versatile product! I have fairly dry skin and damaged hair so I will dry it for face, body and hair.  I don't really like to take baths, so I probably won't use it for that.  Also a plus for a lot of people, this does not have a scent to it.   
Retails for $14.00 for 15mL on josiemarancosmetics.com
Sample worth $4.66
The next product is the Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play Volumizing Hairspray. This will be great for when I travel or when I run out of my current hairspray.  I have used a few of the Sexy Hair products and I like them for the most part. 
Retails for $6.00 for Travel Size on Ulta.com
Sample worth $6.00
 Next up, Nailtini Nail Lacquer in Frappe.  This looks pretty similar to the Revlon Color Stay Nail Polish in Pale Cashmere so I'm pretty sure that I'm going to like it.  
Retails for $13.00 on tinibeauty.com
Sample worth $13.00
 Lastly in the bag is a tube of the Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter. I do love a good body butter, but I am not a huge fan of orange smells, they are just a bit too strong for me.  My mom might like this, so I may end up giving it to her. 
Retails for $7.00 for 2.5 oz on pacificaperfume.com
Sample worth $7.00
Total Bag Worth $39.65  
Wowzah!

So there you have it, the January Ipsy Bag.  This was a pretty darn good bag and I cannot wait to start using all of these products.  Who knows, maybe some of them will appear in some upcoming posts.

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment