Monday, February 10, 2014

Makeup Haul


Hello there!

I know its been a hot minute since I last put up a post.  Truth is...my brother and nephew are in town from Korea and I only see him about once a year, so they are taking up the majority of my time at the moment and will be until the 17th.  I will try to get up another post before then, but I can make no promises. 

But don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you all.  I have bought a few new makeup items over the last couple weeks and thought I would compile them and share them as well as my thoughts with you.


I had some extrabucks that were about to expire at CVS and I was looking around the store to see what I could use them (only in the makeup section of course) and the new Revlon Age Defying line has been catching my eye for the last few weeks.  I really like the Revlon BB cream so I decided I would pick up and try out the Revlon Age Defying CC Cream and I chose the color medium.  I have been loving this for those days when I don't want to wear a lot of makeup but just need a little something to even out my skin a little bit.  



Kohls has recently started carrying The Balm cosmetics and I have been checking it out here and there whenever I am in the store.  I had a gift card from Christmas and was picking a couple things out one day and saw this set of three of their Instain Blushes and had to get it (especially since it was the last one! It was meant to be).  I have heard such good things about these and I haven't really tried out much from the brand.  A girl can never have too much blush.  I have been loving these! They are very pigmented and such lovely colors.  I haven't really paid much attention to the long-wearingness, but I will definitely report back on that. 


Aryle
Toile
Houndstooth
(left to right) Argyle, Toile, Houndstooth
The other week, Ulta had a 20% off coupon that you could use on prestige brands and I waited to use it until they got the new Urban Decay Naked Ultra Nourishing Lip Gloss's in.  I have seen and watched a few reviews and I had to see for myself if they were really all that good.  They are.  Don't be fooled by a swatch on your hand, definitely put this baby on your lips and then make your judgments.  They are so creamy and soft and really do feel like they are nourishing my lips, not drying at all.  I decided to pick the color Love Child, which is the perfect every day nude/pink.  I have pretty much been wearing this every day for the past week and I just can't get enough! I want to pick up a couple more!



While I was a Ulta with my 20% off coupon, I was searching for something else to try out and came across this little kit of minis called Better Than Sex The Essentials from Too Faced. I have been wanting to try out the new Better Than Sex mascara and this kit had that plus a mini Shadow Insurance which I have never tried out and full size eye shadow in Lovey Dovey. 


I have been loving the mascara! The brush is kind of crazy looking, but the formula plus the brush gives you crazy volume and length.  I will probably do a full review on this pretty soon.  Keep those eyeballs peeled!

I am pleasantly surprised about how much I like this primer.  Not only does it help my eye shadow stay in place all day, but it has a little bit of coverage to cancel out the veins on my eyelids. 

I haven't tried out the eye shadow yet.  The color is a medium brown with golden undertones.  The swatch really doesn't do it justice.  There is a fair amount of shimmer to it and feels very smooth. 



Well, those are all of the makeup items I have picked up recently. I hope you enjoyed reading, stay tuned for some review on said items.  

What new makeup items are you wanting to try out?

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment