Thursday, February 13, 2014

February 2014 Birchbox

February 2014 Birchbox
Hello there!

Remember when I said I couldn't promise another post before my brother when home? Well look who's puttin' up a post!  I received my Birchbox in the mail today and decided to try something new that I discovered and see how it goes.  Do you guys know about Polyvore? You probably do if you are on Pinterest.  Well, I have been searching for this, or something like it, for a few months now.  I wanted to be able to group photos together and add some text and some arrows and voile!  I have been tinkering with the site for the last couple days and have just fallen in love! I think I will be able to get a lot more posts up by using the site because I don't have to take the time to photograph my own stuff and edit it and then import each picture, which seems to take ages, especially if the lighting is not good.  

I hope you like this format, I think it looks fantastic.  There will still be times where I photograph my own stuff, but this makes my life and blogging that much easier and more enjoyable.  There will be a list of all of the products at the end of the blog with the links of where to buy and I will also be posting a photo at the end so you can see what the sample sizes look like. 

February 2014 Birchbox by theboothofus 


This month, Birchbox teamed up with US Weekly and the box is all about award season.  They have teamed up with the editors at US Weekly to get in on the secrets behind red-carpet looks.  

1. Camille Beckman | Glycerine Hand Therapy - Morelia Monarch Scent | Full-size, $15
    A nourishing, quick-absorbing formula that restores skin without feeling greasy.  Smooth onto hands                   whenever they feel dry.

This is going to come in handy right about now.  My skin has felt so incredibly dry, especially my hands.  This lotion has the consistency of butter, feels great on my hands but not at all greasy.  I can't quite put my finger on what it smells like, but its a little sweet and a little floral, very nice.  
Sample size: 0.25 oz   
Sample worth: $0.63

2. Smashbox Cosmetics | Full Exposure Mascara | Full-size, $19.50
    Hybrid fiber formula that expertly lengthens, volumizes, and curls sans clumps or flakes.  Sweep mascara           wand from the roots to the tips of lashes.  For even more drama, use two coats. 

I am so excited to try this out! I love mascara and I think I am really going to like this wand!  This definitely excited me to see a Smashbox product in here.  This has definitely renewed my faith in Birchbox.  
Sample size: 0.14
Sample worth: $7.50

3.  Agave | Healing Oil Treatment | Full-size, $24-$40
    Created by a veteran hairstylist, this lightweight oil uses agave to hydrate and protect.  Work a small amount       into damp hair from roots to ends. 

I will definitely be trying this out.  I think I need to use more oil on my hair, especially the ends.  I think it could help them look and feel a lot better.  The sample size on this is okay, kind of hard to get more than one use out of and I don't want to open it before I use it to feel and smell it.  
Sample size: 0.1 oz
Sample worth: $1.00

4. Ruby Wing | Color Changing Nail Polish - Ride 'Em Cowgirl | Full-size, $10
    This color-changing polish morphs from a gold glitter into a sparkly berry hue in the sun.  Apply two layers of       polish.  Step outside and admire your shade-shifting mani. 

I cannot wait to put this on my nails! I love the gold glitter and I am curious to see how it looks when it changes in the sun.  What a fun idea for a nail polish.  
Sample size: 0.25 oz
Sample worth: $5.00

5. Beauty Extra | Smashbox Cosmetics | Full Exposure Palette | Full-size, $49
    A range of versatile hues, complete with tips on creating the best look for your eye shape.  Use one shadow       for a casual look, or layer shades to take makeup from day to night. 

Birchbox included a card with 10 eye shadow samples from this palette.  Usually I would toss something like this out, but I am definitely interested in the palette, I have been hearing a lot about it in the beauty community.  
Sample size: N/A
Sample worth: N/A


Total box worth: $14.13

The value of this box isn't really all that great, but I do think that there are some awesome things in here.  I cannot wait to use the mascara and I might even get some use out of the shadows on the card.  The nail polish looks super fun, I love the feel and smell of the lotion and I will definitely use the hair oil.  Funny how the value of the box really doesn't weigh much on how you feel about the products and the box overall. 

Have any of you tried out the Smashbox Full Exposure palette

XOXO
Kristen
  

No comments:

Post a Comment