Saturday, May 25, 2013

Revlon Photoready BB Cream Skin Perfector Review and Photos


Hello there
I don't know if you all have noticed the BB and CC cream craze that has been going on for the past year, but I have been trying out a few here and there.  I wanted to share with you one that I picked up recently that I have been loving and as you can probably tell by the title, it is the Revlon Photoready BB Cream Skin Perfector. 
If you are interested in hearing what I think about this BB cream keep reading!
I decided to pick this up a couple weeks ago because I wanted something lighter and easier to wear while I was on vacation (it was supposed to be around 100 degrees every day).  I already own the Maybelline BB cream and I just don't think that one works very well.  There is absolutely zero coverage and it just feels to watery.  

The Revlon Photoready BB Cream is definitely not watery.  It has more of the consistency of a foundation, but with a lighter coverage.  I usually squeeze a large pea sized amount onto clean fingers, rub it between my fingers to warm it up and then pat it onto each area of my face (cheeks, chin, nose, forehead) and then begin to massage it into my skin.  I have tried to use my beauty blender with it, but I just seem to end up using way more product than necessary. 

Because this is a BB cream, remember it is not going to be full coverage.  This one has quite a bit more coverage than the Maybelline BB cream and I do like it better than the sample of the Smashbox BB cream.  I also love that this has SPF 30 in it, which was another selling feature for me because I was going to be in the dessert where it was about 100 degrees. This bb cream has more of a dewy/natural finish to it, which is also something that I like because I have fairly dry skin.  If you have oily skin, you might want to set this with a powder. 

 I have gotten a few others in subscription boxes that I just don't see what the hype is about. I am definitely enjoying the Revlon Photoready BB cream the most out of any I have tried. I have been wearing this every day for the past 2 weeks (mostly on the weekends before).  

The only downside to this one is that it only comes in 3 shades and I am currently wearing the darkest of the three, Medium.  I am lightly tanned because of my vacation, but if I get much more tan, this will probably be too light for me. I hope that they eventually expand the color selection because this is a really great product. 

As you will see from the photos below, again, this is not a full coverage product, but a product that will even out your skin tone a little and blur some imperfections.  

No Makeup
Just Revlon Photoready BB Cream applied

Full Makeup

I hope this review was helpful to you, there will be more to come on other products.

Let me know if you have already tried this BB cream out and if you liked it or not.  Also let me know if there is another BB cream out there that you just love.

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment