Sunday, May 19, 2013

May Birchbox!

Hello there!

As you can tell, I love subscription services.  They are a fun and inexpensive way to try out new and high end beauty products.  If you haven't heard of Birchbox, definitely hop on over to their site and check them out. 

This months box is called Beauty Diaries.  They want you to fill out a little survey about your routine and techniques.  Well, lets see what we have!




Marvis Classic Mint Toothpaste - $10.50 for full-size - sample worth $2.40
A stylish Italian import with an invigorating peppermint flavor. 

I was actually quite excited to get this in my box this month.  I have heard people rave about this (is that weird for a toothpaste?). I love the vintage look it has and it smells quite minty.  Can't wait to give this a go.
Click here to view on Birchbox.com

Coola Classic Face SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face - $32 for full-size - Sample worth $4.26
This mineral sunblock is infused with organic anti-aging ingredients like evening primrose extract and borage seed oil. 

This will definitely come in handy as it is already getting quite warm where I live (it is around 90 today!).  It feels very light, more like a moisturizer than a sunscreen and has a wonderful light cucumber smell to it. 
Click here to view on Birchbox.com
amika Obliphica Nourishing Mask - $40 for 500ml  $12 for 60ml - Sample worth $4.00
Packed with omega acids and vitamin C, this lush conditioning mask boosts shine and even helps repair split ends.  

I love hair masks and I use one about 2 to 3 times a week because my hair is very dry due to highlighting it all the time. I am pretty excited to try this out and see if it compares to my Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Mask which is my holy grail hair mask.  I could not live without it. 
Click here to view on Birchbox.com
 Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner - $21 for a set of 4 mini pencils or $11 for full-size pencil - Sample worth $5.25
Inspired by traditional Indian formulas, this velvety liner glides on easily and lasts for hours. 

You can never have too many black eyeliner pencils right? This one is very creamy and does glide on easily. I left it on my hand for a few minutes and tried to rub it off, and only if I really really rubbed at it did some of it come off.  
Click here to view on Birchbox.com

Lifestyle Extra - Runa Guayusa Tea - $7.00 for full-size - sample worth $1.75
With more antioxidants than green tea, this caffeine-rich blend is made from Amazonian Guayusa leaves. 

Unfortunately, I do not like tea, so this really doesn't appeal to me.  I will either take it into my work for those who do like tea or give it to my sister-in-law who also likes tea.  

Total box worth $17.66

Overall this was a pretty good box.  I am really excited for the toothpaste, eyeliner and hair mask.  The only thing I didn't like was the tea, but that was an extra.  

Are you subscribed to Birchbox? If so, what did you get in this months box?

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment