Wednesday, March 13, 2013

March Birchbox!

Hello again!

I have another unboxing blog for you! This time it is for the March Birchbox! I got my super early this month for a change, which is nice.  If you are not familiar with Birchbox, they are a monthly beauty subscription service.  It is $10 a month and every month you get 4-5 deluxe beauty samples.  This is a really great way to try out some higher end products and brands without jumping in head first and spending all of that money (and then maybe not liking the product in the end).  It is a really fun surprise in the mail every month.  Each box is somewhat catered toward each individual based on her (or his, they do have birchbox man) skin type, hair type, makeup preference, ect.  Click here to check them out!

Anywhoo, lets jump into the box already!


The theme for this months box is March Madness. They are putting products that "make the cut" from new products to older favorites.  


First up is the Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Shampoo.  The A-list stylist created this volume-boosting mist to give second-day locks a lift. Bonus: The subtle fragrance leaves hair sweetly scented. 

I am definitely excited to try this out as I am currently low on my Dove dry shampoo. Unfortunately, because I am still stuffed up from being sick, I can't really smell anything. I do love to use dry shampoo on my second day hair so that it looks nice throughout the day and gives it a little bit of a boost. This is a great size bottle as well. 

Full-size, $25.00
Sample worth: $11.00
Check it out on Birchbox.com
 I am probably most excited about the Incoco Nail Polish Applique's that they included in my box! Eye-catching nail strips are the easiest way to get a flawless mani.  These are super cute.  I love the color and the design and I cannot wait to put these on.


Full-size, $10
Sample worth: $10.00
Check them out on Birchbox.com
 Next up, Caldrea Body Lotion.  We adore these elegant body lotions, which come in three ethereal scents: Tea Olive Lime, Aloe Water Apricot, and Coconut Fig.  I can always use lotion and these will be good to travel with. The scents sound interesting. Now,  I don't love these types of packets because you can only get one use out of them, but for a body lotion it isn't awful.  
Full-size, $22
Samples worth: $2.06
Check them out on Birchbox.com
 After watching the sneak-peak YouTube video for this months box, I was really hoping I would get this next product, and I did! Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream. The organic shea butter in this foam free shaving cream makes for an insanely close shave and leaves skin incredibly soft.  We love the exclusive blueberry scent.  I cannot wait to try this out.  I have pretty dry skin and shaving always makes that worse, but hopefully this will help counteract that.  I imagine, with my stuffy nose, that this will smell amazing as well. 


Full-size, $20
Sample worth: $2.93
Check it out on Birchbox.com
 Lastly, the Beauty Extra, Madewell for Birchbox Emery Board.  We teamed up with Madwell to create this adorable mani savior, patterned after a print from their new spring collection.  How cute is this?! I like that it comes with a plastic cover.  This will definitely be going into my purse.  
Full-size, $5
Sample worth: $5
Check it out on Birchbox.com
Total Box Value: $30.99

There you have it, the March Birchbox.  I think it was a pretty good box.  Definitely excited to try almost everything.  

What are you trying out that is new this month?

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment