Thursday, August 1, 2013

July Favorites


Hello there! 

Can you believe it's August 1st?! Where is the summer going??  I have so many things I still want to do and time is running out.

Well, for the past month, I have been keeping my makeup pretty simple since its been fairly hot and humid, but I do have a couple favorites to talk about with you guys (my absolute favorite being my birthday present!)



My first favorite is one that I have talked about before, the Oscar Blandi Texture & Volume Spray.  I finally took the plunge and bought the full sized bottle.  This has been really great to give my flat hair some oomph, even when its humid out.  I really love to use this before I curl my hair, it really helps hold those curls all day long.  I think this is going to be one of those Holy Grail products for me, I'm not sure I could really go without this anymore.

I have also talked about this next favorite again, but I've brought it back out, the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation.  I just love this foundation, in fact, this bottle it almost empty and I just went out and bought another one.  I have found that using this warmer shade really cancels out any redness in my face.  This foundation is light enough to use in the warmer months but gives enough coverage to even out my skin tone and cover up what needs to be covered.  I am in the shade 160 Fresh Beige.  I thought about going up one shade because it is the middle of the summer and I may get more of a tan, but It matches me perfectly now and I'm only going to get paler through the fall and winter, so I just picked up the same shade.

I recently picked up the Stila eye shadow in Kitten off of the Birchbox website.  I have been eyeing this one for quite some time and I had saved up some birchbox points and decided to go for it.  I absolutely LOVE this shadow.  It is intensely pigmented and so beautiful, I wear it practically every day. I do have to make sure to wear a base/primer underneath to make sure it lasts all day and doesn't have a ton of fall out.  This is one of those cult favorites, but totally worth the hype. 



And my last, and favorite of my favorites, is my birthday present from my husband and parents is my Rebecca Minkoff Mini M.A.C. bag.  I have been loving this bag.  It goes with everything, is big enough to carry what I need, but small enough so I don't carry unnecessary items and weigh my shoulders down.  I can wear it on my shoulder, or cross body.  I just love it.  I definitely would like to invest in another color down the road, maybe a pink one, but this color, almond, it just gorgeous.  

So those are my favorites of July.  I'm sad July is over, but excited for the next couple months. 

What have you been loving this month?

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment