Monday, August 19, 2013

August Birchbox!


Hello there!

It's that time again, for my monthly Birchbox post!  This months theme is Finishing School. Its all about details and finishing touches.  

Lets see what is in the box!
(Malin+Goetz)|vitamin e face moisturizer|full-size, $45

Spiked with hyaluronic acid and vitamin E, this oil-free formula nourishes all skin-types.  Massage a nickle-sized amount into clean skin.  It's a great primer too!

I would probably be more inclined to like this and use this, if it wasn't in these two tiny packets.  I may use these one day when traveling, or just give them away to someone.  I'm not too impressed with this sample. 
Sample worth|$0.90 (really Birchbox? Come on...)|Click here to view on Birchbox.com

Mally Beauty|Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner in Sailor|full-size, $15

Waterproof, goof-proof liner from celeb makeup artist Mally Roncal - nacy is the new black! Gently trace along your lash line.  Let set or smudge lightly. 

I was SUPER excited that I received this eyeliner in my box! I have already used this about 3 times and I just love it.  I have been using it as an easy, out the door smokey eye by lining my top lash line and half of my bottom lash line and smudging it out.  I love the navy color, its going to be a staple for me for the fall.  This liner is super creamy and easy to apply (similar to Urban Decay 24/7 liners). 

Sample worth|$15.00|Click here to view on Birchbox.com

Whish|Coconut Milk Correcting Gel|full-size, $32

This antiaging after-sun gel targets wrinkles, unevenness, dryness and sun damage.  Morning and night, apply a generous amount to clean face, neck and decolletage. 

I think this is a really great idea for the summer, I wish I had gotten this a few months ago, but maybe I'll be doing a little more time in the sun while it is still warm out.  This smells amazing and feels really great on the skin.  I think this will be really nice to use on those super hot days to cool down and start on some antiaging.  You're never too young to start. 
Sample worth|$4.70|Click here to view on Birchbox.com

uniqONE|Hair Treatment|full-size, $17.99

Leave-in treatment with 10 benefits that makes hair smoother, shinier, and healthier.  Spritz 7-8 inches from locks and detangle with comb. Style as usual. 

I have been using a similar product and have started to really notice a difference in my hair, so as soon as I use up my other sample, I will be trying this one out.  It smells a little bit like cotton, I guess we will see out that goes.  
 Sample worth|$1.08|Click here to view on Birchbox.com

Whish|Hair Inhibiting Deodorant Swipes|full-size, $22

From the shaving pros at Whish, these wipes tackle odor and slow hair growth in one swipe.  Sweep across your underarms in the morning or whenever you need a refresher. 

This is the Beauty Extra for this months box.  I think I will be packing this in my bag when I go on my backpacking trip in a few weeks, could come in handy eh? Too bad there's only one. 
Sample worth|$1.35|Click here to view on Birchbox.com

Total box worth|$23.03

I am exited about pretty much everything in the box minus the two mini moisturizer packets.  I really don't see myself ever using them.  But I already love the eyeliner, I always love to try out new hair treatments and the deodorant swipe will come in handy when I am out in the wilderness.  

What new item have you been loving lately?

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment