Monday, November 3, 2014

October Boxycharm!


I signed up for a new subscription service called Boxycharm a couple of months ago and I have been loving it! It is strictly a beauty subscription box for $21 a month.  What I love so much about this service is the size of the products is almost always full size and the overall value is always way over $21.

I received this months box about 2 weeks ago.  The theme is Bewitched, which I am assuming is supposed to be a somewhat Halloween theme.  




1. Coastal Scents Eclipse Concealer Palette - $19.95
Fifteen concealer shades perfect for any skin tone and color correction.  Neutralize under eye halos, conceal blemishes, banish breakouts, and reduce redness with fifteen cream-based shades designed to conceal, highlight, and custom blend to your skin tone.  Think of this palette as your Fairy Godmother for a flawless face!

I think this was a really cool product to include in a subscription box.  You can really create your perfect concealer shade with all of the options they give you in this palette.  There is also a highlighter shade and 2 correcting shades.  The concealers themselves aren't as creamy as I would like them to be, but I am still playing around with them and am enjoying mixing and matching all of the different shades. I think the darker shades could work really well as a cream contour as well!

2. STARLOOKS Ultra Gem Pencils in Ultra Olive - $14.00
Created with a magnificent sparkle finish, each unique pencil will add a gorgeous, micro-glitter pop to your eyes! Each Ultra Gem Pencil is so versatile, soft, and creamy that they can be easily used as liners as well as eye shadow bases!

I have gotten a few STARLOOKS products in other subscription boxes before and to be honest, it is not my favorite brand to get.  I don't think their products are the greatest, especially for the price.  I do however, love this olive color, I think it is a gorgeous fall shade.  I will definitely try this one out and see if it is any better than the other products I have tried. 

3. Palmetto Derma Collagen Booster & Restoration Serum - $48.00
This serum protects premature aging and creates youthful, glowing and beautiful skin, all day and night!  Apply a small amount in the morning and evening after cleansing & toning face.  Allow time to absorb before applying moisturizer and avoid contact with eyes.

I have not tried this out yet, simply because I have a serum that I am currently using that I would like to finish before opening another.  I am however, very excited to try this out.  They included a full-size jar, which is amazing and really gives you time to see how the product works with your skin.  Anti-aging? Yes, please!

4. Be A Bombshell Eyeshadow - $14.00
A highly pigmented long lasting formula; perfect for all day wear. To use as a base color, blend shadow from lash line to brow bone with a wide shadow brush using gentle upward strokes.  

Not a fan of this color at all! I am not a blue eyeshadow wearer (at least not for the past 15 years!).  I really don't think I will get any use out of this, so it will either be going to a friend or onto E-bay. 

5. CULT/COMMERCE X BOXYCHARM "Shady" Collection - $21.00
Jane Schub, creator and founder of CULT/COMMERCE, has created "SHADY" a new color line launching in collaboration between CULT/COMMERCE and BOXYCHARM. Keep within the mood of Hallows' Eve with this smokey color duo that appear to spookily and mysteriously sway depending on how the light reflects on your nails. 

I love nail polish, but I am just not fan of these two shades.  One is almost completely black, and the other is a really dark but bright purple.  I don't see myself wearing either of these, so again, these will be given away or onto E-bay.

Total box value: $116.95!

Overall, not my favorite month yet, but I am really excited about the serum and the concealer palette. I could do without the other three products.

**Let me know if you guys would ever be interested in a giveaway on here and I can pass on products that I don't particularly like for myself or just have duplicates.**

XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment